Lead Specialist, Project Controls
KBR’s global business comprises two main segments – Government Solutions (GS) and Sustainable Technology Solutions (STS). This role sits within STS in the Integrated Solutions business unit. Integrated Solutions is the engineering and project delivery group providing services which include front-end and detailed engineering, procurement, construction services, and program management primarily in the hydrocarbons and energy transition industries.
As Lead Specialist, Project Controls a you will be responsible for the co-ordinating and supporting the development of the project baseline across scope, time, cost, risk and quality for a development or delivery area of the KBR Programme, providing strategic insight and analysis of performance against the baseline and highlighting any trends or risks to support decision making. The role will also co-ordinate and support controls governance and change management to ensure all impacts to the baseline are assessed and managed.
About The Role
- To be responsible for developing and maintaining an integrated baseline across scope, time, cost, risk and quality and track performance for project and contract.
- To be responsible for managing and co-ordinating project controls activities within the supply chain, for projects or contract to assure the accuracy and quality of cost, risk and schedule information being captured.
- To be accountable for analysing the data and reports submitted and providing insights & trends on performance and risks to support decision making.
- To be responsible for managing the periodic correlation of schedule, cost, quality and risk to drive expedient programme delivery and manage performance whilst capturing and analysing cost data, including inputting cost data into KBR data capture systems.
- To be responsible for reviewing supply chain programme submissions and updating client schedules.
- To be accountable for managing risks for a development or delivery area of the KBR Programme, leveraging SME advice and technical knowledge from specialists to respond to project delays, issues and other challenges throughout the project.
- To be responsible for managing and co-ordinating the change management process, ensuring impacts to the baseline are effectively assessed and managed.
- To be responsible for managing the co-ordination and communication of the Period reporting cycle ensuring compliance with the reporting life cycle, and undertaking self-assessment of procedural compliance, sharing lessons and best practice within the Project Controls community.
- To be responsible for managing the assurance of Project Controls Data and for ensuring adherence with Project Management Office (PMO) and Project Controls policies, processes and standards for a development or delivery area of the KBR Programme.
- To be responsible for providing functional line management, performance management and objective setting support to direct reports.
- Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Clear Direction - Ability to give clear direction. Defining and prioritising objectives, analysing inputs, assessing and challenging data, defining strategies and supporting rationales.
- Stakeholder management - Ability to manage stakeholders; building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills - Ability to present at Portfolio level; communicate on project controls updates and processes to project and supply chain teams, citing a wide range of examples of application.
- Influencing & Negotiating Skills – including internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitation - Ability to manage workshops to solve critical problems and provide clear direction to team members on the actions needed to manage and mitigate any critical issues.
- Problem Solving – Ability to identify multifaceted problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Data Analysis and Presentation - Ability to analyse and interpret data and produce accurate timely and informative reports in multiple formats targeted to the needs of the audience.
- Knowledge of the core Project Controls disciplines, including; Schedule Management, Cost Management, Change Management and Risk Management.
- Knowledge of baseline development and maintenance of baselines on a programme.
- Knowledge of the Project and Commercial Management principles including understanding of cost delivery, schedule targets.
- Understanding of NEC contracts, amendments, early warning notices and the work flows of communications between contractor and client.
Type Of Experience
- Experience in project controls on major projects/programmes including the management of multi-discipline project controls teams.
- Experience in the core project controls functions, including; baseline maintenance, schedule management, cost performance, change management, risk management and performance reporting.
- Experienced in the management and control of key Project Controls systems (e.g. Primavera P6).
- Experience of managing and/or influencing governance forums including project change and investment boards with delegated decision-making powers of multi-millions of pounds.
The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the KBR values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. Through collaboration with our customers, we’re defining tomorrow’s challenges, then providing the solutions and services to overcome those challenges, always maintaining our commitment to total safety and reliability.
At KBR, we partner with government and industry clients to provide purposeful and comprehensive solutions with an emphasis on efficiency and safety. With a full portfolio of services, proprietary technologies and expertise, our employees are ready to handle projects and missions throughout their entire lifecycle, from planning and design to sustainability and maintenance.
Working at KBR means being rewarded for your contributions. In addition to competitive benefits and professional development, our people are empowered to use all their potential, creating meaningful change for themselves and our clients. We attract the best minds in the world because our expertise thrives on creativity, resourcefulness and collaboration. That is how we supply our clients with cutting-edge solutions and services.
As the needs of the world change, we’re ready to respond and guide the way forward with strategic, sustainable, and technological advancements grounded in more than a century of practical application and execution.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.