Senior Financial Analyst I, Cost Control
- Analyze cost trends in order to correct errors and provide forward guidance to maximize revenue and profit and minimize cost variances.
- Develop and control baselines and budgets.
- Monitor schedule/milestones to facilitate estimates to complete and process scope changes.
- Prepare and deliver customer report deliverables per the contract terms and conditions.
- Analyze/modify cost estimates and re-baseline programs as the need is identified.
- Prepare forecasts using program resource estimates with appropriately applied rates and factors.
- Develop price/cost estimates utilizing complex pricing concepts and applications.
- Application of FAR, CAS and government accounting standards.
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), perform maintenance and charge number control.
- Perform unique and complex accounting and analytical tasks, including account reconciliation and balance sheet analysis.
- Analyze program funding requirements and track subcontractor costs & fee.
- Develop presentations and reports for internal and external customers.
- Track, trend, forecast and analyze subcontractor and vendor invoices.
- Collaborate with Program Management and Customer personnel to achieve financial and contractual deliverables.
- Implement process improvement initiatives within the Finance/Program group.
- Participates in the development of functional strategy and may be responsible for global processes and procedures.
- Lead cross-functional teams to establish decision options.
- Recognize need and provide mentoring and training.
- Develop and carry out long- and short-term objectives and balance multiple priorities.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve complex problems independently.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree and 4+ years of related experience.
- Mastery of complex program management concepts (budgets, estimate to complete, project schedules, etc.).
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Highly advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with standard government agency reporting requirements (NASA, DOD).
- Understanding of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) reporting.
- Working knowledge in use of Costpoint, COBRA, COGNOS.
- Six Sigma/Greenbelt certification.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.