Training Development Officer (TDO) Arabic
KBR has been awarded a support contract by the UK Ministry of Defence (UK MOD). Under the terms of the contract, KBR will provide telecommunications network support and deliver training services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a significant project that expands our portfolio of work with the UK MOD and in the Middle East.
Under the contract, KBR is seeking to recruit staff to deliver:
- Support in delivering IP Telephony, host applications such as Network Management System, Cable Management Systems and incident management software.
- Operation of Service Desks.
- Support to maintain operational capability of Fixed & Deployable equipment/capabilities.
- Design & deliver a new Management Information System
- Technical & English Language Training.
- Built Estate maintenance and upkeep.
- RQF Level 4 or above in Training Design and Development or Teaching/Instruction related qualification
- Familiarity with military telecommunications would be an advantage
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of five years working within a training development/design or similar environment
- Knowledge of the application of online learning in a student-centred environment
- A sound understanding of a Systems Approach to Training and relevant associated documentation
- Experience of utilising Subject Matter Experts and Stakeholder input to potential training solutions
- Skilled in the use of MS Office software, including Word, Excel etc.
- Capable of Speaking, Reading, Writing and Listening in the English Language
- Hold a valid driving license from country of origin
- Familiarity with working within a military training establishment would be an advantage
- Have knowledge and understanding of the cultural aspects of life in Saudi Arabia
- Fluent in Speaking, Reading, Writing and Listening in Arabic
3. Core Responsibilities and Duties
To design, develop and maintain courseware for Technical Telecommunications and English Language courses in a compliant format for the local Military Customer and Regional training in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia that is consistent and meets both internal and external requirements in accordance with the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) and BS EN ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems (http://www.tsoshop.co.uk/bookstore.asp?FO=1159993&DI=611544)
Design & Development
- Maintain current Program of Instructions (POI) and be prepared to develop POIs that conform to the local Military Customer’s requirements
- Maintain current Pamphlets and Course Training Plans (CTPs)
- Maintain current or develop relevant DSAT documentation, including Scalars, and LSpecs, liaising with SMEs as required.
- Update current course documentation for Telecommunications and English Language Training (ELT) within the Telecommunications School and the regions
- Carry out evaluation as part of scheduled courseware maintenance.
- Maintain electronic file structures in accordance with the departments total quality management policy.
- Maintain course documentation change procedures
- Provide an audit trail for the design and development of all course documentation
- Ensure the development of all course documentation are in accordance with the total quality management policy
- Assist with the design or development of other documentation as required by the TSM.
- Maintain documentation for future training centrally and in the regions as a result of a work task analysis having been carried out.
- Conduct Training Needs Analysis (TNA) as directed by TSM.
- Provide weekly reports of current work activities as directed by TSM.
- Communicate the results of analysis and evaluation as directed with supporting information about best practices
- Produce concise reports for management in a variety of formats as directed
- Maintain a register of all official requests for information release by the local Military Customer
- Maintain an efficient prioritised electronic filing system
- Carry out general office administration duties as directed
- Maintain all documentation iaw local Data Protection guidelines
Other duties as required by the TSM
- Advise on training and development issues to achieve contract objectives and assist long-term planning and change management
- Assist in selection testing for new entrants as directed
- Provide leave and absence cover as required
Level of Contact / Communications with others (internally/externally/meetings)
Liaise with Scope of Services contract stakeholders as directed;
- KBR Telecommunications School departments (High)
- KBR Organisational departments (High)
- Regional Signal Corps Training Centres (High)
- UK Authority (Medium)
- Local Military Customer’s Staff (Medium)
- Meetings as directed (Medium)
Competences / Standards (Specific Responsibilities)
- Develop and maintain communication with people on complex matters, issues and ideas and/or in complex situations
- Work in partnership with others to develop, take forward and evaluate direction, policies and strategies
- Develop a culture that improves quality
Health & Safety
- Maintain and develop an environment and culture that improves health, safety and security
Personal & People Development
- Develop oneself and others in areas of practice
Equality & Diversity
- Develop a culture that promotes equality and values diversity
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.