Organziational Behavior Specialist
This position is contingent upon contract funding. Performs the following duties for the Air Force Institute of Technology School of Systems and Logistics (AFIT/LS). AFIT is committed to providing defense-focused graduate and professional continuing education and research to sustain the technological supremacy of America’s air and space forces. AFIT’s mission is to advance air, space, and cyberspace power for the Nation, its partners, and our armed forces by providing relevant defense-focused technical graduate and continuing education, research, and consultation. This position involves:
- Providing product support in the form of developing, editing, modifying and teaching course materials.
- Developing curriculum, instructing students, facilitating discussions, and enabling student-centered active learning using classrooms/virtual learning technologies available at AFIT, and conducting consulting for same as necessary.
- Marketing and building demand for AFIT curriculum.
- Knowledge Required by the Position:
- An earned bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree (or higher) and/or professional teaching experience of adult students is highly desirable.
- Ability to clearly and authoritatively facilitate discussions on critical thinking, organizational leadership, communication, fostering innovation, developing ideas, teamwork, analytical thinking, creative thinking, multigenerational implications on the workplace, and organizational alignment based upon degree work, self-study and research.
- Show experience in successfully leading Air Force operational or industrial logistics organizations in at least mid-level grades (i.e., 6+ years of experience); A former Air Force SNCO or a graduated logistics squadron commander is most desirable.
- Offer real-life examples of first-hand knowledge of Air Force practices relating to organizational behavior concepts to operational, life-cycle, and/or industrial logistics)
- Preferably demonstrate DoD life cycle logistics credentials (i.e., Level II or III certification or equivalent industry credentials).
- Ability to teach using various modalities, including live in-residence, virtual in-residence, and synchronous and asynchronous distance learning highly desirable.
- Possess the ability to communicate clearly and expertly (in English) in both verbal and written forms concerning academic, administrative, and technical subject matters.
- Familiarity with AFIT/LS organization structure, research initiatives and processes, and points-of-contact is desirable.
- Eligible to obtain a security clearance background check investigation and possess a government common access card (CAC).
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.