SAIC is currently seeking a Communications Network Engineer to support the Navy's Service Management, Integration and Transport Program (SMIT) in Fallon, NV.
SMIT will provide secure end-to-end information technology (IT) services to more than 400,000 hardware devices used by more than 650,000 users at nearly 1,700 Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside of the Continental United States (OCONUS) sites worldwide via the Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI), OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net), Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN) and other legacy networks. SMIT is the Navy’s largest IT services program valued up to $7.7 billion over 8 years.
- Works as an Operations-focused Network Engineer on a team responsible for BAN/LAN/WAN Network Operations, troubleshooting, repair, installation, cabling, configuration, implementation, and integration of current and future NGEN-R network architectures as per approved processes and procedures
- Conceptualize, design, construct, test, and implement portions of business and technical Information Technology (IT) solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology
- Interact with the customer to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and organizational strategic direction
- Coordinate and collaborate with others in analyzing collected requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations
- Performs maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and removal/replacement of faulty hardware using SOPs, TTPs, work instructions, vendor guidance, and other documented processes and procedures
- Assist information engineers in coding, testing, implementation, and documentation projects
- Prepare system documentation, establish and maintain security, integrity, and business continuity controls and documents.
- Analyze, identify and resolve business and/or technical problems using appropriate tools
- Participate in special studies and stay current on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Experience troubleshooting complex routing and switching issues, configuring switches, routers, network appliances, and WAN acceleration devices
- Extensive knowledge of network communications, architecture, security controls and configuration
- Experience with multiple vendor routing, switching or wireless product lines
- Experience with software development life cycle methodology
- Strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP network/subnet addressing
- Must have a current IAT Level II Certification
- Must have a current Network Vendor Associate Level Certification (i.e. Cisco CCNA, Juniper JNCIA, etc.)
Ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance; able to start once Interim Secret is granted. US Citizenship is required.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.