The Civilian Business Unit of SAIC is seeking a highly qualified Data Scientist to support a large federal Information Technology (IT) contract in the Washington DC Metropolitan area.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Works in cross-functional teams with data at all stages of the analysis lifecycle to derive actionable insight with a focus on cyber information. Will conduct analysis on cyber information generated by Splunk across a variety of internal and external facing data sources. Translates mission needs into an end-to-end analytical approach to achieve results. Performs the pre-analytics areas of data collection and understanding, data cleansing and integration, and data storage and retrieval. Determines the appropriate analytics based on the data and the desired outcomes, using techniques including feature detection, statistics, data mining, predictive modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, and business intelligence. Interprets the validity of results and communicates the meaning of those results. Has familiarity with data wrangling, analytics, and visualization software and programming languages, including analytics methods for big data. Follows a scientific approach to generate value from data, verifying results at each step.
Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
The position will work closely with the government technical leadership, customer organizations and the SAIC Program Manager. The duties will include interfacing with the customer organizations at all levels from CIO to Analysts; developing and presenting reports; developing and meeting data science requirements.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more of related experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience.
- Must be US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DOE Q
- Five + years of Data Science experience. Must have experience in all dimensions of data science including detection, statistics, data mining, predictive modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, and business intelligence. Must have experience using data to improve performance of the organization.
- Technical experience working with Splunk and extracting information from Splunk.
- Experience analyzing a variety of cyber focused data including such things as internal/external threat analysis, log analysis, predictive modeling and others.
- Excellent communications both verbal and written. Must be able to communicate complex data analysis to others who may be not technical both via presentation and in written reports.
Desire active CISSP certification