All ManTech employees will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTechs Air Force and Space Division is recruiting highly talented candidates to support a contract that provides support to the United States Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Launch Systems Enterprise Directorates National Security Space Launch (NSSL) program.
We assist the Air Force by supporting a multitude of areas, including Systems Engineering & Integration, Acquisition & Program Management Support, Mission Integration Management, System Safety & Environmental Engineering, Systems Security & Information Assurance, Launch Schedule and Risk Management, Certification of New Entrant Launch Vehicles.
ManTech is actively seeking a motivated, Security Specialist II to join our team in the Lompoc, CA area.
- Provide Systems Security Engineering (SSE) expertise to assist the Government in all aspects of Program Protection Planning including but not limited to an in-depth lifecycle program analysis to identify Critical Program Information (CPI), conduct threat and vulnerability assessments, identification and implementation of countermeasures, Anti-Tamper analysis and protection; counterintelligence, intelligence, and security assessments and support, Risk Management Framework (RMF) for Information Technology (IT) and cybersecurity strategies.
- Develop, review and update the NSSL Program Protection Plan (PPP) and develop, review and update LSP annexes as required.
- Review and update the NSSL Counterintelligence Support Plan (CISP), Anti-Tamper plan, the Operations Security Plan (OPSEC) and Security Classification Guide (SCG) as needed, IAW DoDI 5000.02, DoDI 5200.39, DoDI 5200.1-M, and AFI 31-401.
- Evaluate and provide technical analysis of LSP's Program Protection Implementation Plans (PPIPs) and assess the plan’s effectiveness.
- Conduct Program Protection Surveys to evaluate and validate protection methodologies identified in LSP’s PPIP with a focus on threat and countermeasure issues and recommendations for strengths and weaknesses.
- Produce a Lessons Learned document describing the effective or ineffective use of the program’s established countermeasures to known or suspected vulnerabilities and the identification of unrecognized vulnerabilities.
- Evaluate LSP’s proposed security waivers and deviations, and perform security assessments IAW the applicable system contract, acquisition plan, SCG, and the PPP.
- Review program documentation for public release and ensure only Distribution A information is recommended for public release IAW the NSSL PPP, and SCG. The Contractor shall also validate the information is not listed in the U.S. Munitions list, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Commerce Control List (CCL).
- Develop and present all materials associated with the Quarterly NSSL System Security Working Group (SSWG) to include agenda topics, briefing charts, maps, meeting minutes, action items, visit requests and conference facilities as needed for classified and/or unclassified discussions and presentations.
- Develop, store and manage applicable security documentation in the Security Library on Livelink/Sharepoint IAW the file plan, AFMAN 37-104, AFMAN 37-123, and AFI 37-138.
- Evaluate and update the Security Operating Instruction (SOI) annually.
- Evaluate internal security documentation and provide recommendations to support systems security and cybersecurity self-inspections, AF-level Inspections, to include the Air Force Inspector General, Headquarters Air Force Space Command Inspector General, Air Force Audit Agency Inspections, and Space and Missile Systems Center Integrated Program Reviews annually.
- Support the Management Internal Control Toolset inspection process conducted semi-annually for all security checklists.
- Support personnel security activities including clearance verifications, visit requests, access badging, system access forms, area access forms, entry access lists, etc. via Joint Personnel Adjudication System/Defense Information System for Security (JPAS/DISS). Support the security clearance request process, assisting with notification of clearance update requirements, and review of submitted request packages for release to the investigative agency.
- Support the Government in the management of the SCI billeting process for Government and Contractor personnel.
- Support physical security including changing of door and safe combinations and end of day security checks as required.
- Maintain the SIPRNET user justifications, training records and provide training to those requiring access. The training shall detail proper usage of the SF-700, SF-701, SF-702 Forms and security requirements for the SIPNET and SIPRNET room. Additionally, maintain and submit the access roster for the SIPRNET room to the Government.
- Support Random Antiterrorism Measures (RAM) activities as identified in the monthly RAM schedule and conduct end of day security checks as required.
- Support security education and training, e.g., develop annual security briefing, in-processing/out-processing security briefings, Insider Threat Training, INFOSEC security requirements, and other security training and education requirements as required.
- Provide export/import support to all organizations within the 30 OG. Interpret USG regulations including the Arms Export Control Act, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Act (EAA), Export Administration Regulations, Anti-boycott Regulations, Office of Defense Trade Controls and U.S. Customs Service agencies.
- Provide comprehensive strategic export/import advice and support to the organization, initiating strategies, programs, processes and tools to meet strategic and critical challenges. Act as liaison between departments/divisions, levels of management, and LSP’s to produce export/import services that meet Government needs. Provide NSSL and New-Entrant export control support through review of material and provide export and ITAR technical advice on Government publications, Freedom of Information Act requests and Technical Assistance Agreements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human resources, IT security, or
- related fields.
- 7 years DoD, Launch/Range, or aerospace systems security experience.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance
- Must be a US Citizen
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside an office environment to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- The person in this position will constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange effective and accurate information in these situations.
- The person in this position may be required to remain in vertical stationary position for up to 50% of the time to deliver presentations or for instances of career fair events.
- The person in this position must be able to inspect, observe and assess written recruiting plans, manuals, presentations, etc.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.