The Civilian Business Unit of SAIC is seeking a highly qualified Enterprise Architect Lead to support a large federal Information Technology (IT) contract in the Washington DC Metropolitan area. The contract will initially provide day to day support then be part of a team that will plan and implement the transformation to modern technologies for a customer critical to our national security. This position is critical to the success of the program.
Develops, maintains and implements enterprise architecture plans that transform the customer's environment continuously keeping it secure, supported, current and able to enable the customer's mission.
These tasks may include:
1. Developing, maintaining and implementing a comprehensive enterprise architecture that outlines the current state, future state and transition plan to move from current to future state.
2. EA plan should include all dimensions of the environment including Service Desk, Tier 2, Data Center, Server side, application development and networking for examples and should have Cyber elements included in every part. This plan will need to leverage the technical experts in each of the areas to ensure success as well integrate their knowledge to develop industry standard solutions. The plan should also account for ongoing support activities such as capacity, performance and all others to ensure the EA delivers outstanding service to supports the customer's needs. The plans will also have to accommodate a variety of classified environments.
3. The position will require the architect to stay current with technology changes, corporate capabilities and be able to identify areas to leverage new technology to introduce innovation. The new technologies are expected to delivery results to the customer in a variety of ways including maintaining support and improving performance.
4. Work to use best practice and standards such as ITIL, PMP and others to ensure industry leading service delivery.
5. Continuously improve the service delivery.
6. Will require working achieving customer approval for all changes which will require thorough analysis of what the changes will achieve and what impacts will occur in the environment.
7. Will need to be creative at solving challenges and must have a holistic approach to develop the plan but ability to get into the details as needed to ensure plan completion and successful transitions.
The position will work closely with the government technical leadership, customer organizations and the SAIC Program Manager. The duties will include interfacing with the customer organizations at all levels from CIO to Analysts; developing and presenting reports; developing and meeting enterprise architecture requirements.
- Must be US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DOE Q
- Five + years of technology architecture experience with at least 2 in a large (5,000+ users), complex organization.
The experience must cover a wide variety of technology including Cloud, automation, and other current technologies along with successfully developing and implementing plans to migrate from legacy technologies.
- Must have experience using enterprise architecture tools such as LeanIX, Planview, BiZZDesign or similar tools.
- Prefer EA certification from EACOA or similar organization. - Technical experience in a broad range of IT technologies such as Service Desk, Deskside support, Server Management (Windows and Linux), software development, database administration, Cloud technologies, networking, Cyber and others.
- IT support best practice process experience using standards such as ITIL, CMMI, SCRUM/SAFe, Lean IT and others to help team develop processes that provide outstanding results to the customers.
- Excellent communications both verbal and written.