Where applicable, confirmation that you meet customer requirements for facility access which may include proof of vaccination and/or attestation and testing, unless an accommodation has been approved.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a full-time Launch Enterprise NSSL Acquisitions and Systems Engineer to support the National Security Space Launch (NSSL) Program as part of the Launch Enterprise Engineering Division (SSC/LEE). This position supports Space Systems Command (SSC) at Los Angeles Air Force Base.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, technically assess and update program and project deliverables and documentation, including contract deliverables.
- Create draft government acquisition strategies, requests for proposals (RFPs), and supporting documentation for government review as required for new NSSL development contracts and investment vehicles.
- Assist in all aspects of Government acquisition processes, contract business support and contract analysis.
- Develop schedules that integrate acquisition tasks for new NSSL development contracts and investment vehicles
- Document, update and make recommendations for contract document submittals.
- Products include but are not limited to the following:
- Acquisition strategy plans, documents and briefings
- Sole source Justification & Approval (J&A) memoranda
- Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Draft Performance Work Statement (PWS), Work Breakdown Structure Summary (WBS), Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs), Incentive Plans, Financing Plans, Proposal Instructions, and Evaluation Criteria, analyses and recommendations for program reporting, development of program and project briefings, documentation configuration/control, action tracking, and coordination of documentation review process.
- Integrate program/project tasks and provide technical assessment, evaluation and recommendations for post-RFP release activities, to include sole source fact finding, proposal technical evaluations, and negotiations; and competitive source selection specialized support.
- Utilize and apply broad Systems Engineering experience and recommendations to the Launch Enterprise, NSSL Program, and individual Product Lines.
- Lead Systems Engineering (SE) functions and tasks such as: Defining requirements and interfaces for future launch systems, requirement verification, defining and improving SE processes, supporting non-recurring engineering validation for new launch providers, and ensuring consistent execution of launch services by multiple launch providers in support of the SE&I Chief Engineer.
- Support engagements with Space Vehicle and other external launch agencies to ensure a comprehensive launch infrastructure supports future launch needs.
- Attend and participate in Product Line engineering review and control boards, weekly status reports, mission milestone reviews, program management reviews and other related boards, reviews, and meetings as needed in support of the Launch Enterprise.
- Ensure that technical issues which may cross-over more than one launch vehicle system are tracked and closed through the appropriate Product Lines and Enterprise-level risk processes and procedures, as needed.
- Ensure that all technical decisions made by the USG and applied to Launch Service Providers (LSPs) are fair and consistent across all Mission Assurance forums, boards, processes, and boards across each layer of the NSSL Government Technical Baseline.
- Recognize potential areas of technical and consistency concern and elevate to ManTech management and USG senior leadership in a clear and concise manner.
- Evaluate plans, processes, procedures, functional and data requirements, system analysis, and documentation preparation for complex launch vehicle systems.
- Maintain knowledge of Launch Enterprise-level requirements and their application to the NSSL Program.
- Participate and support in risk identification, development, and tracking as needed for Launch Enterprise and SSC/LEE Division-level risks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Occasional travel in the CONUS is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or Bachelor's Degree in STEM field.
- 9 years as a Systems Engineer (SE), technical Program Manager (PM), or other related field(s) with at least 2 years of NSSL, Launch/Range, DoD, NASA or industry equivalent experience in related fields.
- Experience working with and/or leading multi-disciplined teams.
- US Citizenship required.
- Master’s or PhD Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or STEM field.
- Experience in one or more of the following launch vehicle system areas: 1) Guidance, navigation, and control systems, 2) Rocket engine propulsion, 3) Turbine machinery, 4) Communications systems, digital communication protocols, and signal distribution and processing, 5) Electrical power distribution, electrical interfaces, and electrical ground support equipment, 6) Avionics electronics and instrumentation, 7) Structural design and analysis, and 8) Launch engineering and operations.
- Previous familiarization and experience with software platforms such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Slack, Jira and Confluence is a plus.
- Prior military or launch vehicle systems experience.
- Excellent communication skills and previous experience working at Space & Missile Systems Center (SMC, now SSC) or other USG agencies, is preferred; experience briefing to Executive leadership is desirable.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must have an TS SCI Clearance
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for 50% of the time.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.