Windows Systems Administrator / Systems Engineer Level 5
Come be a part of the SAIC team in Fort Meade MD, where we help address the nation’s most pressing and complex challenges. SAIC works with our customers on missions that strengthen security and safety and protect the basic values of our society. We have an opening for a motivated, dedicated and energetic Windows Systems Administrator maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The position requires an active/current TS/SCI security clearance with Polygraph.
Education & Years of Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note 1) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus fifteen (15) years of systems engineering experience.
A High School Diploma or GED plus nineteen (19) years of general system engineering experience (any Process Area).
A Master’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note 1) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus thirteen (13) years of systems engineering experience.
A PhD in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note 1) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus thirteen (13) years of systems engineering experience.
Note 1 – Examples of Qualified engineering fields include: Aeronautics, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Mechanical, Nuclear, Software, Systems, and Engineering Management.
Note 2 – Examples of related disciplines include: Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and Physics.
- Maintain MS Project Server in a Windows Environment - Windows 2016, 12, 10
- Review, address and mitigate IAVA vulnerabilities using Government customer tools.
- Provide Windows Server maintenance and administration of OS and application updates.
- Review application and system logs to assist with troubleshooting and overall systems management.
- Build, stand up and maintain Windows-based virtual servers (VMWare)
- Implement Virtual Machines as a SharePoint Farm consisting of web front ends (WFEs), application servers, and database (SQL) servers, to provide MS Project Server service for large user base
- Perform regular and routine required maintenance and upgrades to server platforms
- Accommodate for a large capacity/storage - 1000+ users and 1500+ new schedules to be input into the system
- Implement and improve more efficient access, authentication/accreditation and permissions using Active Directory
- Microsoft Applications Communications support
- Work as part of a talented team on administration of MS Windows 10, MS Project Server, SharePoint, JIRA Qualifications
- Tier II/III ticket support
- Accreditation and authentication/Security experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work across a broad range of projects
- Security+, Network+, or A+
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.