This position is a full time business development/sales role. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Federal Civilian Executive Team and Federal Civilian Account Managers (AM) to execute the responsibilities outlined below. Within this partnership, the candidate will share overall responsibility for business development strategy, planning and execution for opportunities with the USDA, Dept of Education, Department of Commerce (excluding NOAA), the General Services Administration (GSA), and potentially other white space customers. The successful candidate will demonstrate the experience and career path trajectory required to manage the full scope of business practices required to manage an opportunity pipeline, including business development, opportunity identification and qualification, associated reviews and client management through opportunity close.
The successful candidate understands the missions of the respective Agencies and their cultures, organizational components, leadership, major programs and their challenges. This role effectively encompasses two primary areas of responsibility, Account Strategy and Business Development. The candidate is responsible for leading target Agency strategic planning and positioning with full support from a corporate infrastructure that includes, capture management, proposal development and management, subject matter expertise covering a broad range of portfolio capabilities. Assess opportunities to eliminate or move forward through SAIC’s Pre-Award process so an opportunity is included in SAIC’s pipeline metrics as a qualified opportunity.
Primary responsibilities are all Account Strategy and Business Development activities including market assessment, opportunity identification, qualification and maturation to assist SAIC in determining pursue no pursue decisions. Account Strategy and Business Development responsibilities require the candidate to lead throughout the market and competitive assessment, qualification, capture, and proposal processes to include all aspects in developing the company’s win strategy. This position is a senior level business development and management position and therefore it is expected this individual will manage a dynamic, multi-year pipeline of opportunities in various stages of maturity. Account Strategy and Business Development activities will promote the complete portfolio of services from SAIC’s Momentum areas to our client base. Momentum areas include Space Systems; Engineering, Integration & Mission Solutions; Network Engineering; Information Technology Modernization and Solutions including Software Integration, Managed IT services, Hardware Integration, Cyber, Cloud & Data Sciences; and New Market Initiatives.
Market analysis, competitive analysis, and strategic business planning including identification, qualification, and marketing aspects of a complete capture that will lead to the award of major programs. This position will include oversight of customer contact and positioning; teaming interactions; and coordination with other internal business development and sales resources available across SAIC. This position requires the candidate to engage with existing programs to understand current execution and identify improvement opportunities. Experience with customer relationship management and opportunity tracking as well as experience with a variety of contract types including cost plus fixed fee, fixed price, award fee, and performance based contracting are required.
• Bachelor’s degree and 17+ years of relevant experience or a high school education and 4 additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• It is preferred for someone to have experience with the USDA, Dept of Education or Commerce
• The candidate must have a reputation for being able to build and work within high performance teams in a matrix-management environment.
• He/she must be able to communicate well with senior and executive management within a company and with key federal customers.
• A demonstrated sustained ability and reputation of winning complex, prime integration services or systems engineering contract awards with values over $50M that meets and exceeds challenging goals and quotas is required.
• Ability to manage fast turn mid-size deals & also experienced capturing $200M+ deals.
• Ability to identify and qualify select opportunities and initiate call plans 18-24 months ahead to shape outcomes.
• Five years of related and recent federal business development experience is required.
• Past experience working with U.S. Department of Commerce including existing, multi-level customer relationships, and an understanding of the buying trends of the agency is considered an advantage.
• The successful candidate will be able to reference a portfolio of submittals and awards that include experience in all types of government contracts (FFP, T&M, Cost Plus) and full array of capture strategies (re-competes, incumbent capture, sole source, etc.).
• Candidates must have highly effective interpersonal skills in order to carry-out daily interactions with technical leaders and business executives within SAIC, with the customers, and with teammates and subcontractors.
• Past experience that demonstrates the ability to contribute to fast-paced business leadership teams will be a plus.
• This position is based in Reston, VA and will require business travel as needed for a geographically dispersed customer set.