SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, and systems engineering & integration for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Bring on Tomorrow!
We seek a Lead Cybersecurity Engineer to join a leadership team on a program responsible for requirement analysis, architecture, design, engineering, integration, implementation, optimization, documentation and sustainment of core elements in support of DIA. The Lead Engineer will serve as the principle technical advisor and subject matter expert for System Categorization, Security Controls Selection, Security Controls Implementation, Security Controls Assessment, and Authorization to Operate (ATO) for approved Cyber Security Tools. Must have demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and teams.
The Senior Engineer shall:
- Provide expertise in the engineering design, development, direction, and implementation of enterprise network cyber defense capabilities to prevent sophisticated cyber threats and vulnerabilities, or detect when prevention fails.
- Understand the fundamentals of layered defense and zero trust technologies and processes.
- Understand the lifecycle of the network threats, attack vectors and methods of exploitation.
- Have specialized knowledge in computer network theory and understand IT standards and Cyber Security Tools architectures, including but not limited to, the OSI model and the methods of exploiting those standards.
- Be familiar with the utilization, configuration, and implementation of industry standard cyber defense capabilities, including but not limited to, web content filters, email security capabilities, IDS, IPS, HBSS, SEIM, DNS security practices, advanced log analysis, network monitoring, network flow analysis, packet capture analysis, network proxies, firewalls, anti-virus capabilities, Linux/UNIX command line, and access control lists.
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance, with willingness and eligiability to obtain CI Poly
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or related field, or four (4) years or more of comparable experience.
- Minimum of 14 years of progressive enterprise engineering and management experience
- Requirement met by obtaining one of the following
- IAT Level III certification (CISSP-ISSAP or CISSP-ISSEP)
- CSSP-IS certification (CEH, CySA+, GICSP, SSCP, CHFI, CFR, Cloud+, or CND)
- PMP certification with 5+ years of verifiable PMP experience (e.g., project definition, risk management/reporting, project scheduling/tracking)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.