SAIC is seeking a Principal Cyber Security Analyst, to serve as Assessment Lead and subject matter expert.
This role will perform assessment and authorization (A&A) efforts under the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) on behalf of a federal civilian agency as a contractor. The role will lead a team that conducts A&A activities. This individual will develop or contribute to development of System Security Plans (SSP), Contingency Plans, Business Impact Analyses (BIA), Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), Security Assessment Report (SARs), Security Assessment Plan (SAPs), and other documentation.
This position covers all cybersecurity aspects including, but not limited to, identifying risks, validating the mitigation of plans of action, analyzing system designs, and assisting with A&A issues that may prevent a system from receiving authorization. It supports the implementation of RMF by developing documentation as assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Build strong relationships with clients and internal departments to understand the IT security challenges and opportunities
• Able to work with PMs to manage small to large sized projects- managing scope, schedule, resources, risks/issues, and cost
• Support the creation of A&A management best practices, tools, and ways to drive A&A completion on schedule
• Identify key stakeholders in A&A efforts and ensure system documentation reflects current system security configurations to include hardware and software components, data flow, interconnections, and ports, protocols, and services, etc.
• Identify potential risks associated with system configurations and advise on mitigation strategies
• Lead A&A status meetings and facilitate moving systems toward a successful A&A effort
• Assist in estimating Level of Effort (LOE) involved in performing A&A activities
• Develop and implement detailed test plans and review findings from self-assessments to determine readiness for independent validation and verification (IV&V) assessment
• Assists customer program offices in interpreting and applying mitigation strategies
• Conduct IV&V assessments and analyze test results for accuracy, compliance, and adherence to Federal cybersecurity requirements
• Conduct thorough reviews of all vulnerabilities, architecture, and defense in depth strategies and report findings in a (POA&M) document
• Document residual risks and provide the cybersecurity risk analysis and mitigation determination results
• Produce risk assessment artifacts describing initial risks during system development and residual risks identified during IV&V
• Able to analyze, interpret, and apply Federal cybersecurity guidance to customer needs
• Communicate the security posture of systems through designated reporting mechanism
• Advise and mentor other team members in cybersecurity and provide initial quality assurance / peer review of RMF system packages
• Ensures continuous monitoring is in place to ensure ATO is continuously achieved into the future
This opportnuity is contingent upon award.
• Must possess CISSP certification • Must possess DOE Q or TS/SCI clearance
• Must be a US Citizen Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related technical field
• Degree in relevant field; Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD and four (4) years related experience.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills across all levels and the ability to write comprehensive reports and senior level documentation skills
• Strong focus on collaboration, team building, and excellent customer service skills
• Demonstrated skills running effective meetings and getting buy-in and participation from executive leaders
• Able to quickly adapt to changing environment and deadlines to provide a consistent level of service
• Effectiveness working diplomatically across teams with varying objectives
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project), MS SharePoint
• Well-versed in FISMA, FedRAMP, NIST publications, specifically RMF and NIST & PCI controls
• Subject Matter Expert dealing with defense-in-depth, and other information security and assurance principles and associated supporting technologies
• Must demonstrate proficiency in the following areas: multi-tasking, organizational skills; critical thinking; and the ability to work quickly, efficiently and accurately in a dynamic and fluid environment
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
• Experience working with Security engineering to review compliance scans
• Experience performing on-site cybersecurity assessments using Standards such as CIS Benchmarks, DISA STIGS, etc
. • Broad technical experience related to IT operations, networks, OS's, and system administration
• Experience working in an 'as a service' environment or similar managed services management structure.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.