Where applicable, confirmation that you meet customer requirements for facility access which may include proof of vaccination and/or attestation and testing, unless an accommodation has been approved.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Sr. System Engineer/Admin to join our team in the Hanover, Maryland location.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the critical review of, and providing recommendations on, networks or network service design, maintenance, and implementation, including operational considerations based on customer requirements, operational experience and technical knowledge.
- Responsible for the architectural design, deployment and documentation of new network requirements and changes to current network configurations.
- Oversee a major network architecture upgrade to include white-paper design, deployment, and configuration of devices.
- Provide fault analysis, isolation and correction, configuration, and upgrades of network devices to include Cisco Routers, Firewalls, and Switches.
- Provide support for customer networks involving cross-domain solutions, including VPNs, one-way data transfers, unclassified mission related infrastructures, and Taclane 175 encryption devices. Specific configurations include routing using MPLS/VPLS, OSPF, EIGRP at the Core and Distribution devices and switching at the Access devices.
- Experience in reverse engineering systems in an attempt to detail the required system specifications, external interfaces and environmental requirements.
- Build systems and networks that would support the system and integrate it into the customer infrastructure.
- Provides recommendations and critical reviews of network or network service design, maintenance, and implementation, including operational considerations based on customer requirements, operational experience, and technical knowledge.
- Provides daily oversight and guidance in managing operational matters and mentoring entry level engineers in all aspects of networking
- Configure and troubleshoot Cisco catalyst switches (Spanning Tree, Port Security, VTP,Ether channels, VLANs)
- Configure and troubleshoot Cisco ASR routers (including HSRP, OSPF, BGP, route-map)
- Configure/Troubleshoot Cisco ASA firewalls
- Configuring and troubleshooting BIND, DHCP, and DNS servers
- Configure and troubleshoot HTTP / SSL / TLS based issues
- Troubleshoot ACL/NAT issue on ASAs
- Create router/switches templates for network standardization
- Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning
- Use of Linux network troubleshooting tools to solve complex network issues (tcpdump, ssldump, curl, wget, mtr, tcp traceroute, nmap, openssl, tshark)
- Develop bash and/or python scripts, utilities and tools used for network troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot various DNS, SMTP, IP routing, latency, and connectivity issues
- Implement TCP/IP & related services-DHCP/DNS
- Install/Upgrade Cisco Switches and Firewalls (ASA) IOS using TFTP
- Implement SSH/RADIUS authentication on Cisco Hardware
- Troubleshoot network problems using Protocol Analyzers
- Maintain all LAN/WAN connectivity
- Document network problems and resolution for future reference
- Oversee software and network security
- Tier 3, On-call/after-hours support
- Shall have ten (10) years of experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks to encompass diagnosing network performance shortcomings and designing and implementing performance improvements.
- Ten (10) years of experience designing and implementing network solutions for complex, high performance systems composed of UNIX or LINUX based hardware platforms
- Significant experience provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing, operating, and managing networks required to operate in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment
- Significant experience with CISCO network equipment, i.e. 2800 series, 6509, 6513, 3825, 3750, 4900, ASR-1004 & 1006, etc.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certified at the Professional level in Network Security (CCSP), Network Design (CCDP), and/or Routing & Switching (CCNP)
- Able to understand routing protocols, QOS, be able to implement traffic shaping and policing on the network, and understand IPSEC tunneling
- At least three years of direct experience with and intelligence community or signals intelligent activity.
- CCNA Security or Security+ CE or higher certification
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active/Current Top Secret SCI with Poly
- Bending, carrying, kneeling, lifting, light work up to 20 lbs., reaching, repetitive motions, sedentary work, walking, working with data, ability to handle stress & work under pressure, ability to use MS Office, ability to use a PC, analytical or critical thinking skills, interpersonal & people skills, leadership skills, listening skills, multi-tasking ability, oral & written communication skills, organizational skills
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.