SAIC is seeking a seasoned Chief level Systems Engineer on the Horizon Program to support to the US Space Force (USSF) in developing and deploying next-generation and advanced capability space systems under the Special Programs (SP) Directorate in El Segundo.
The position supports SMC’s portfolio of programs designed to gain, maintain and exploit space superiority that includes space launch, global positioning, military space vehicle communications, defense meteorological space vehicles, range systems, space vehicle control networks, space-based infrared systems, and space situational awareness capabilities.
Ideal candidates will have experience providing technical support and managing technical programs throughout the engineering life cycle of operational and/or new start technical demonstration space and ground systems.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform technical support and independent risk assessment and evaluation of program management execution, technical review execution (DoD 5000.02 framework), and systems engineering.
- Assess program design and viability from a technical, perspective.
- Coordinate Government activities and contractor, sub-contractor, and vendor oversight efforts throughout the system life-cycle.
- Provide technical and acquisition support to Government and contractor milestone reviews to assess progress, issues, and requirements traceability.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of various System and Space Safety Programs.
- Ensure program level documentation is aligned with Directorate and higher headquarters guidance for program planning and execution.
- Develops and evaluates program level documentation for SMC/SY assigned programs in support of Directorate leadership. Must be able to work independently.
- Engages and coordinates with SMC Center Staff, HQ AFSPC, and HQ USAF on behalf of Directorate leadership to resolve documentation issues in line with Directorate commander's intent and priorities.
- Provides leadership advice on: acquisition strategies for next-generation systems; program execution issues and recommendations; strategic messaging to key operational and acquisition government, industry, and media stakeholders.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or relevant discipline and 18+ years of related experience (Masters Degree requires 16+ years) in technical program management, systems engineering, and acquisition within the areas of Space, Space Control, and Reconnaissance
- Qualified applicants must possess as active TS/SCI and be willing to consent to a polygraph examination
- Master's Degree in engineering or a related field, Certified Safety Professional or Professional Engineer, 4 or more years of System Safety Engineering PMP certification, INCOSE CSEP, SE Certificates.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.