Where applicable, confirmation that you meet customer requirements for facility access which may include proof of vaccination and/or attestation and testing, unless an accommodation has been approved.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Software Developer (Journeyman) to join our team in the Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
Our team is providing Software Support for Army and Joint Tactical Communications systems in Aberdeen, MD. Working in our DevOps environment on the Army’s unified One Network, you will ensure that our nation’s Warfighters can continue to rely on uninterrupted mission command and secure reliable voice, video and data communications worldwide!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Designing, developing and maintaining software for a variety of systems, applications and tools.
• Modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improving its performance and upgrading to increase usability.
• Directing software baseline testing and validation procedures.
• Investigating and resolving operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
• Identifying and documenting software problems and supporting the design of a solution.
• Defining and implementing automated test scripts.
• Working with Patch Management Software Deployment Automation Technologies (WSUS, SCCM, Alteris, Ansible, etc.)
• Working as a member of a team.
• Cybersecurity Requirements IAT Level 2 Minimum (Security+ or equivalent)
• Bachelors’ Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Math or a related field
• 4 years’ experience with C, C#, C++, SQL, or Linux OS.
• 2 years on Army Tactical system development with basic knowledge of routing / switching.
Desired Programming / Scripting Skills:
• Windows Management Framework (WMF)
• Windows Workflow Foundation
• Secure Software Development Build Automation
• Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery Build (CI / CD pipeline)
• Team Foundation Server, Git or VSTS Agile Software Development
• C# .NET
• SQL Database Design and SQL queries
• UI/UX Design
• Proficiency in developing MS Windows software applications using C++, C# and .NET 3.5 / 4.0; (5).
• Proficiency in n-tiered development architecture.
• Software Lifecycle management experience.
• Ability to design, develop, and work with software users in group or individual settings.
• Familiarity with source control.
• Experience with Object Oriented Design Patterns.
• Proficiency in creating Unit Tests for developed code.
• Proficiency in writing scripts using PowerShell and an understanding of PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC).
Desired Server and Networking Technology Experience:
• Windows Server 2012 R2 and above
• Windows 10
• Operating System Deployment (OSD)
• Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
• Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
• Automation - Azure and on premises.
• Microsoft System Center - Service Management Automation (SMA) or Orchestrator (SCORCH)
Security Clearance Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with an Interim or Active Secret Security Clearance.
• The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
• The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office
• The person in this position will need to be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.