Where applicable, confirmation that you meet customer requirements for facility access which may include proof of vaccination and/or attestation and testing, unless an accommodation has been approved.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Test Engineer, Journeyman to join our team in the Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Configuring, operating and maintaining tactical information systems. This includes developing, testing and laboratory representations of fielded systems, as well as the fielded systems themselves.
• Being responsible for hardware, firmware, and software integration activities to ensure proper system functionality.
• Being responsible for defining, documenting, analyzing, performing, and interpreting developmental tests for new and/or modified products or product components.
• Being responsible for sustaining the lab systems (hardware and software) under test between test events. The software include Windows Server 2012, Windows 10, Linux and ESXi environments.
• Investigating and resolving operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
• Identifying and documenting software problems, and supporting the design of a solution.
• Providing technical support and advice to other engineering groups.
• Devising and applying testing procedures for parts or sub-assemblies.
• Participating in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs.
• Defining and implementing automated test scripts.
• Setting and configuring the system being tested; responsible for documenting / updating the test configuration / installation documentation.
• Establishing and maintaining developmental and operational documentation for the assigned tactical communications system.
• Testing, and documenting results for software / scripts used to implement fixes and commercial software upgrades in a tactical communications system.
• Participating in the Agile development process and track and report out sprint progress.
• Aiding in the diagnosis and resolution of test anomalies to include system /network analysis and reconfiguration.
• Supporting field incident condition replication and resolution related to the system being tested; generating user documentation for solution implementation or work-around.
• Supporting the security accreditation efforts for the assigned system.
• Cybersecurity Requirements: IAT Level 2 or above.
• Must maintain a Computing Environment certification for the applicable Operating System (i.e. Microsoft Server 2012 or Database SQL).
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering or any other Scientific or Technical discipline is required.
• 3 years of experience as a Test Engineer or performing Test Engineer related activities within the last 5 years.
• Operational knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
• Experience in writing and performing software test plans / procedures.
• Operational knowledge of Virtual Machine environments.
• Experience with automated testing applications.
• Strong technical documentation skills.
• Good communication and time management.
• Linux and / or Microsoft computing environment knowledge / expertise.
• Scripting or coding experience – PowerShell preferred
• Experience with military tactical communications systems is a plus.
• Operational understanding of Configuration Management / Change Management concepts, is a plus.
Security Clearance Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with an Interim or Active Secret Security Clearance.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
• The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
• The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office
• The person in this position will need to be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.