SAIC has an opening for an Principal Solutions Architect (SA) in the National Security and Space Sector (NSSS), a fast-growing, dynamic $2.7B line organization.
SAIC provides specialized analysis, engineering, design, and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support development of next generation and generation after next national security systems based on land, at sea, in air, and in space.
In this role, you will serve as the technical lead in support of Business Development, Capture and Proposal teams, identifying, tailoring and integrating technical capabilities and innovations to address customer needs, shape acquisitions, and contribute to winning proposals. Leveraging your technical expertise, the Solutions Architect develops comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and leads the development of highly rated, and price competitive technical solutions.
Job responsibilities include:
- Leading technical solution teams responsible for developing technical solution to customer requirements in support of new business pursuits.
- Working with SAIC technical subject matter experts to tailor SAIC capabilities and services to meet customer and program needs.
- Engaging with teaming partners and vendors to integrate their products and services into our proposed solutions.
- Supporting Capture Managers with teaming, win strategy, pricing, staffing, and proposal development.
- Communicating SAIC capabilities and vetting solutions with customers to shape new business opportunities and create discriminators that lead to improved win probability.
- Telework with ability to travel (up to 20%) as needed in support of customer engagements, solution development and proposal efforts.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and oral form and facilitate technical discussions.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct experience in of content development and delivery, human factors analysis, training needs analysis, instructional system design, training delivery or related activities supporting DoD or the Intelligence Community
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Translating customer needs, objectives and requirements into technical solution concepts, approaches and integrated products, capabilities and services
- Supporting labor and cost estimates (basis of estimates/bill of materials) and delivery schedules (roadmaps/integrated master schedule) for implementing technical solutions
- Leading, writing, or evaluating contractor proposals for new or incumbent business opportunities
- Providing innovative training solutions that improve learning and knowledge transfer, efficiency and effectiveness
- Application of technologies such as gamification, interactive learning platforms, AR/VR and synthetic environments to improve training, knowledge transfer and performance evaluation
- Using content develop models such as Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation (ADDIE) to improve training and education content
- Understanding of Organizational Change Management and Continual Service Improvement
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.