SENIOR SYSTEMS SECURITY ENGINEER (RDTE-21-1711-F):
Bowhead is seeking a Sr Systems Security Engineer to develop requirements from project inception to conclusion for a particular subject matter area (i.e. IT, engineering, linguistics, scientific field, etc.) in Dahlgren, VA. You will analyze actual and predictable operational activities of a military, governmental, or business system to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision making or resource allocation.
Essential functions for the Systems Security Engineer include, but are not limited to:
• Utilizing modeling and measuring techniques, mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, and other necessary techniques.
• Provides integral support in the requirements determination, conceptualization, design, development, testing, verification, and documentation of modeling and simulation-based decision support system applications.
• Provides instruction and assistance for the development of several artifacts to include (Categorization Planning, Implementation Planning, ISCM Strategic Planning, Contingency Plans, Change Management, and Incidence Response Plans. etc.).
• Ability to analyze Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scanning results.
• Ability to assess technical and non-technical security controls to determine compliance
• May develop, deliver and train in areas of Assessment and Authorization (A&A), specifically RMF Steps 1-6
• May provide A&A leadership/guidance for junior, mid-level, and senior level employees.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
• A minimum of six (6) years of experience in systems design, development and integration preferred.
• Knowledge of DoD Ports, Protocols, and Services (PPS), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) policies, and standards is preferred.
• Working knowledge Risk Management Framework (RMF) experience preferred, to include NIST SP 800 series and FIPS 199.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Must meet DoD 8570 Information Assurance Managerial Level II certification requirements at time of employment.
• Experience with the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) or managing DoD and DoN IA Portfolios is desired
• Prefer a working knowledge of STIG Viewer, Vulnerability Remediation Asset Manager (VRAM) reporting and understanding of Compliance Task Orders (CTO)s
• Navy Qualified Validator (NQV) a plus.
• Knowledge of RDT&E and/or tactical systems
• Knowledge of Interim Authority to Test (IATT)
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to maintain a security clearance at the Top Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for this contract.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply: