Cyber Security Specialist (MCES-21-1660-F):
Bowhead is seeking an Cyber Security Specialist to support our SPAWAR Marine Corps Electronic Security Systems contract located in Charleston, SC. The Cyber Security Specialist will perform the following:
• Test and report the adherence of the information system (IS) to IS protection requirements.
• Integrate IA disciplines into system design; development; integration and implementation
• Support ongoing documentation; accreditation/re-accreditation efforts.
• Adhere to DoD ports; protocols; and services guidance.
• Ensure receipt of latest security vulnerabilities and notifications for implementation and deployment.
• Submit Configuration Change requests using procedures outlined in the approved USMC ESS Configuration Management (CM) Plan.
• Ensure that all IA management review items are tracked and reported.
• Conduct Security Reviews and Risk analysis Determinations.
• Maintain repository for all IA certification and accreditation documentation and modifications.
• Responsible for providing input to update USMC ESS IPT documentation as needed.
• Review and process all MCESS IS certification support documentation packages.
• In-depth knowledge and experience with installing, configuring, and securing SQL per DoD STIGs.
• CISCO networking experience. Must have in-depth knowledge of routing and switching as well as configuring and hardening per DoD STIGs.
• In-depth knowledge and experience with all versions of Microsoft Windows; server and client.
• Knowledge and experience installing, configuring, and securing all aspects of VMWare.
• Knowledge and experience evaluating proposed security architectures and designs against security compliance requirements.
• Basic understanding of information security principles and risk assessment techniques.
• Advanced communications skills: able to work well with others, independently and as part of a team.
• Must be able to work well with others including educating others who may not have the same understanding of IT and security as you do.
• Ability to provide guidance, standards, and oversight to the Cyber Security and Engineering teams
• Ability to install, configure, and secure IT systems for system accreditation.
• Ability to develop or provide input and hands-on assistance with related documentation such as systems concept of operations, system security design, implementation plans, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
• BA/BS in Information Systems Management; Computer Science or related discipline and at least Ten (10+) years' of relevant experience; to include applicable security discipline principles; practices; and procedures.
• Must have at least six (6+) years' experience in security access controls; implementing DoD IA Best Practices and procedures on protections against unauthorized access; modification; or destruction.
• Must be able to develop CNA packages.
• Be familiarized with a variety of the field's concepts; practices; and procedures.
• Knowledge of computer network security and desktop operating system and their associated applications
• Knowledge of PKI/PKE implementation within DoD IT infrastructures.
• Understanding of DIACAP program, requirements and standards.
• CompTIA Security + CE
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
• VMWare Certified Professional X – Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV)
• SQL Database Developer Certification
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__Job