LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (RDTE-21-1680-F):
Bowhead seeks a Linux Systems Administrator to join our team in Dahlgren, VA. Will be responsible for system administration and customer support of servers and workstations in a Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) environment.
The Linux Administrator will be responsible for:
• Providing technical problem solving and in-depth consulting for system operations.
• Will work as part of a team responsible for administration and management of servers, end-user workstations, and potentially clustered systems operating in both unclassified and classified network environments.
• Analysis, design, and implementation of modifications to the system software in order to improve system performance, correct errors, or fulfill specific needs.
• Participate in planning new hardware acquisitions, developing operating policy, interacting with vendors, educating customers, and communicating and collaborating with other projects within the organization.
• Work closely with scientists and engineers to help them use workstations and servers to solve their computationally intensive problems.
• Support of individual user workstations and associated software will be required.
• Will provide support for application installation, licenses management, software tracking/distribution and backup/recovery of system configurations and user data files. Assist users in applying for accounts, and approving user access.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
• A minimum of three (3) years’ demonstrated experience in system administration of Linux-based servers and Linux-based workstations.
• Must have well-developed Linux system management skills.
• Must have experience with hardware experience with HP and Dell systems.
• Must meet DoD 8570 Information Assurance Workforce (IAWF) criteria or Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification at time of hire.
• Must have demonstrated experience working in an environment with rapidly changing job priorities.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must have a current Secret clearance and be able to obtain a security clearance at the Top Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for this contract.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply: