HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (HR-21-1652-F):
Bowhead seeks a Human Resources Assistant to provide administrative support on various Human Resources projects and programs. This position will assist in all functional areas of the Human Resources Department to include, but not be limited to, training, compensation, recruiting, and benefits, with the primary focus being towards new employee on-boarding and employee data management.
Essential functions will include:
• Administering, processing, and maintaining all employee data transactions in the human capital management system, to include new employee processing, changes to employee records, and employee terminations.
• Creating employee files for new employees and maintaining files through the life-cycle of an employee, to include filing employment paperwork and auditing files to ensure accuracy.
• Maintaining and generating records, reports, and logs pertaining to employment actions and legal compliance.
• Reviewing employee files in response to inquiries regarding personnel actions.
• Conducting New Employee Orientation for new employees.
• Collaborating with managers and other Company departments to ensure employee records are created and maintained accurately.
• Answering and directing employee phone calls to the appropriate HR representative.
• Participating in and attending meetings and seminars (in person and via telecom).
• Performing other related duties as required and assigned.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
• A minimum of two years’ experience working in an office environment performing complex data entry, preferably employee and/or financial data, is required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Ability to prioritize and work on several tasks/projects at once in a high paced and high volume environment.
• Strong data entry skills with the ability to self-audit to ensure accuracy.
• Provide ability to provide both verbal and written information clearly, succinctly, and persuasively.
• Requires advanced computer skills in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Background investigation and motor vehicle record check required.
• Pay is dependent on experience but range is expected to be between $35,000 and $45,000 per year.
• Experience/knowledge of or desire to work in the Human Resources field.
• Previous experience with HRIS, UKGPro or other payroll systems is preferred.
• Knowledge of federal regulations and commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the HR field.
NOTE: Must be able to pass a background investigation and motor vehicle record check with favorable results. US Citizenship is required for admission to this location.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: There are currently no Security Clearance requirements for this position; however, candidates must be able to successfully pass a background check. Due to the location of this work, US Citizenship is required. Bowhead reserves the right to change this requirement if necessitated by business needs or contractual obligations.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply: