FINANCIAL ANALYST (SPVA-21-1622-F)
Bowhead seeks a Financial Analyst (FA) to join our team. The Financial Analyst will provide financial support on multiple government contracts, monitor program control for multiple Government contracts, both Prime and Subcontractor, and ensure project financials are properly monitored and managed in pursuit of maximizing project profitability and cash flow. This position will support all finance related activities and data calls for assigned projects while ensuring compliance with internal procedures, as well as with Defense Acquisition Regulations (DAR) and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and contract-specific financial requirements.
*Telework will be considered for any highly qualified candidates. Reporting to a Bowhead office is also available.*
Essential duties will include:
• Developing and maintaining Estimates-to-Complete (ETC) and Estimates-at-Completion (EAC) as well as trend analysis and validation on incurred project financial data; reviewing and approving invoices; producing accurate financial contract deliverables and ad hoc reports; generating purchase requisitions; reviewing and tracking expense vouchers; and assisting with timesheet quality control.
• Will work closely with Program Managers, Contracts, Billing, AP, and FP&A teams on a regular basis and be expected to provide excellent financial management support as well as accurate analysis and responses to various data calls.
• Conducting regular review and analysis of project labor hours and costs, researching and resolving reporting and compliance issues and may conduct research and report on special finance inquiries or studies.
• May prepare contract price adjustments as related to follow-on awards or revised directives and may have responsibility for submission of contract financial deliverables.
• Work closely with Business Group Vice President(s), Program Managers and Operational FAs to perform monthly variance analysis against operational objectives, revenue targets, and profitability goals and may price extensions or scope increases on existing contracts.
• Will be responsible for monthly financial reporting and month end duties including accrual reporting and AP project cost reconciliation. Conduct monthly review and analysis of assigned project(s), including review of revenue recognition, profit variance and drivers, unbilled and cash flow positions.
• May assist with developing and inputting data for the annual corporate budget.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
• A Bachelor’s Degree is required in addition to two to four (2 to 4) years of related experience (a combination of professional experience plus education may be used in lieu of a BA/BS)
• Must have a familiarity with concepts, practices, and procedures in dealing with FFP, CPFF, T&M, and IDIQ contracts
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel with high proficiency in Microsoft Office is required
• Must possess a broad comprehension and experience working with indirect rates, including Fringe, OH, MH, and G&A
• Must be detail oriented and organized
• Ability to effectively communicate financial information to Program Managers and Senior Management
• Ability to self-motivate and prioritize in a sometimes rapidly changing and fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Experience in Deltek Cobra for project planning
• Experience in QlikView for project reporting and analysis
• Experience in Deltek Costpoint
• Experience in MS SharePoint
• Experience in Concur for business travel and expense management
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: There are currently no Security Clearance requirements for this position; however, candidates must be able to successfully pass a background check. Due to the location of this work, US Citizenship is required. Bowhead reserves the right to change this requirement if necessitated by business needs or contractual obligations.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*C7068D4396D8BCC4