SENIOR CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR (CHSC-21-1625-F):
UIC Government Services, LLC is currently seeking a Senior Contracts Administrator for our location in Charleston, SC. This position reports to the Director of Contracts for the fast-paced and dynamic Manufacturing & Products (M&P) Group.
The Senior Contracts Administrator will be responsible for contract administration and provide support for the preparation, negotiation and management of proposals and contracts. This position requires knowledge and hands-on experience in government contracting methods and applicable procurement laws and regulations. Strong business acumen and the ability to work proposals and manage contracts in accordance with company policies and customer requirements is required. Responsible for building and maintaining dependable, quality relationships with internal and external customers in support of the Manufacturing and Products business objectives.
Essential functions will include:
• Lead the contracting process in support of proposals and negotiations in accordance with UICGS policies and customer requirements with limited supervision. Interpret and communicate company positions. Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers.
• Lead contracting activities to support competitive proposal activities and analysis of RFPs, prepare summaries, strategies and recommendations with attention to financial and business risk, and prepare T’s and C’s and final documents for submittal.
• Advise management of obligations, risk mitigation alternatives and business strategy.
• Coordinate and ensure Senior Management Reviews are conducted.
• Perform all aspects of contract processing, including accuracy of order entry, funding, scope changes, contract modifications, receipts and delivery schedules, legal requirements and other commitments.
• Participate in final stages and verify completion of commitments for closeout.
• Compile contractual records in accordance with contract and UICGS requirements to maintain compliant contract file documentation.
• Serve as primary point of contact for all contracts, and other agreements.
• Support program personnel and provide advice and counsel.
• Contribute to new business, processes and concepts to achieve business goals.
• Other duties as assigned.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
• Bachelor's Degree and 5 - 8 years’ work experience with Government manufacturing contracts in a high-tech environment.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and commercial contracting methods, laws, and regulations.
• High degree of independent and creative judgment applied to highest-level goals and objectives of the corporation and an understanding of FAR/DFARS, GSA Federal Schedules, Federal IDIQ, GWAC, Basic Ordering Agreements (BOA) contracts and supplemental regulations of government agencies.
• Experience working for a Small Business and/or an 8(a), Alaskan Native Corporation (ANC) is a plus, as this type of work environment and culture are very different from working for a large integrator/organization.
• Experience with Deltek Costpoint desired.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment, with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED TO WORK AT THIS LOCATION.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: No security clearance required, but a clearance is preferred. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*D80D5319470DC4DF