NET INSTRUCTOR, JOURNEYMAN (PMMC-21-1621-F):
Bowhead seeks NET Instructors who will provide the necessary technical, logistics, engineering and training support to instruct the warfighter on how to use Mission Command systems in support of tactical, operational and strategic operations. Must be able to train all ranks, Flag Officer to Private.
Essential functions will include:
• Conduct training in support of the PM MC fielded baselines and may be given at CONUS or OCONUS locations (could include Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Korea, Germany, Italy and Australia.)
• Duties include conducting training 50% to 75% in temporary duty status in support of training mission requirements in support of Mission Command.
• Trainers shall provide formal classroom instructor-led new equipment training (NET) and delta training to Soldiers and customers IAW established/approved POIs and training materials.
• Provide instruction on assigned Mission Command systems, develop, review and modify lesson plans to conform to new software or procedures.
• Modify and verify training databases and documentation.
• Conduct training rehearsals in preparation for training missions, validate and verify NET materials prior to departure for the training mission.
• Provide support on troubleshooting equipment, software, operational procedures and interoperability problems in support of NET Training.
• Provide information briefings, provided by the Government, to unit leadership on Mission Command systems.
• Support Mission Command in the development of all training programs of instruction (POIs) for Operator New Equipment Training (Operator, Maintainers System Administrators) and Maintenance.
• Responsible for providing technical and over the shoulder training support to the warfighter and Mission Command Team Mates.
• Coordinates with customers to identify support and technical needs in support of Mission Command systems concerning Hardware and training materials.
• Participate in unit technical working groups and advises military members on the implementation and use of one or more Mission Command systems.
• Provides FSR support to include technical, training assistance and tactical for the MC systems to ensure a timely and accurate resolution to technical problems globally.
• Be able to correctly operate MC hardware/software. When required, be able to install/reinstall software / configure hardware and training.
• Prepare and submit periodic status reports, trip reports, after action reports, Lesson Learned and Tactical Techniques and Procedures as required.
• Maintain currency in and understanding of periodic technical advances in fielded MC hardware and software.
• Must conduct cross training and be certified with multiple MC systems.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
• High School Diploma (or GED Equivalent) with 5 years of training experience. May substitute AA or technical/ computer school diploma/certificate for 2 years of experience.
• Army Basic Instructor (ABIC or ITC) School trained/certified instructor.
• Experience with Army Mission Command Systems (AMCS) such as Command Post of the Future (CPOF), Servers, GCCS-A or DRRS-A or Platform (JBC-P) or Fires (FSC2) systems.
• Must be a US Citizen, be worldwide deployable, have a valid US Driver's License and be able to obtain a valid passport within 30 days of employment.
• Military experience preferred.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply: