LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (F3500-21-1459-W):
Bowhead seeks a Logistician Specialist to join our team in Crane, IN at the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC Crane) and the Radar Technologies Division. The Logistician shall perform various tasks related to the planning, development, implementation and management of a comprehensive, affordable and effective systems support strategy. The Logistician shall be capable of independently performing complicated and technical logistics tasks described below.
Other essential functions will include:
• Will be responsible for providing supportability engineering to legacy and current systems
• Resolving maintenance and support issues
• Coordinating with NAVAI, USMC, and US Army counterparts on maintenance and support issues
• Assisting with ECP and deviation reviews
• Updating the SDP shipboard, airborne and land-based configuration maintenance planning and logistics data as required
• Participating in Failure Review Boards and failure data analysis
• Supporting the Program Office Product Support and Logistics Acquisition
• Providing management and budgeting assistance to the Product Support Manager for CEC PS programs
• Attending and participating in PS Program Reviews and PS Interim Program Reviews
• Support the PSM in the development of the CED PS program strategy
• Providing input related to Commercial PS Provider performance
• Assis the PSM in developing Special Project PS strategies and PS Acquisitions requirements
• Providing support for Item Unique Identification (IUID) implementation in the CEC program and submit recommendations for changes
• Other duties as assigned
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
• BA/BS and an additional two to five (2 to 5) years of relevant experience is required. Additional work experience may be substituted for the formal education requirements for the highly qualified candidates
• Prior experience supporting NSWC Crane is preferred
• Prior experience and knowledge of logistics procedures and processes is required
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level, however candidates with an active Secret are encouraged to apply. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply: