SHIPPING & RECEIVING CLERK (DLA-21-1362-F)
Bowhead seeks a Shipping and Receiving Clerk to perform clerical and physical tasks connected with shipping unclassified and classified material and receiving incoming shipments at Hill AFB. In performing day-to-day, routine tasks follow established guidelines. In handling unusual non-routine problems, receives specific guidance from a supervisor or other officials. May direct and coordinate other workers' activities in handling material to be shipped or being received.
• Verifying that orders are accurately filled by comparing items and quantities of goods gathered for shipment against documents
• Soliciting and collecting quotes for parts and supplies
• Receiving, recording, and tracking the use of hazardous chemicals such as motor oils, coolant, lubricants, etc.
• Ensuring that shipments are properly packaged, identified with shipping information, and loaded into transporting vehicles, and preparing and keeping records of goods shipped, e.g., manifests, bills of lading
• Processing worn out or unneeded equipment for processing by DLA Disposition Services. Must have the ability to visually inspect the equipment and record information to start the administrative process
• Take meter readings from equipment to monitor usage. Must have the ability to climb up onto a wide variety of material handling equipment
• Ensures that shipments are properly packaged, identified with shipping information, and loaded into transporting vehicles, and preparing and keeping records of goods shipped, e.g., manifests, bills of lading
• Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
• Other duties as assigned
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
• High School Diploma or equivalent PLUS a minimum of Three (3) years direct related experience or a combination of education and experience
• Must be able to operate a forklift
Must possess a strong desire to provide excellent customer service solutions and interact with coworkers and clients in a courteous and professional manner.
• Must be motivated to perform other duties as assigned
LIFTING CAPABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
The heaviest item that must be lifted on a recurring basis are golf cart batteries typically weighing 61 lbs.
This involves loading the cores (i.e. dead batteries) onto a vehicle, unloading them at the store, loading the new batteries onto the vehicle, and transferring them from the vehicle to shop.
In addition to batteries, cases of motor oil, coolant, wiper fluid, etc. must also be transported, however none of these weigh as much as the batteries.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently hold or be able to obtain successfully obtain a security clearance at the public trust level (NACI). US Citizenship is a requirement for this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply: