Training Specialist - Senior (CoESMD-21-1604-F):
Bowhead seeks an experienced Training Specialist - Senior to support the CoE Space and Missile Defense contract in Colorado Springs, CO. This contract provides senior Instructors to United States Army Space and Missile Defense Command, Space and Missile Defense (SMD) Center of Excellence (SMDCoE), US SMD School. SMD School core functions include: 1) Educate, train, and develop leaders for Space and Missile Defense operations; 2) Develop Army Doctrine for Space, High Altitude, and Global Missile Defense; 3) Develop individual and collective training tasks for space and missile defense operations; and 4) Execute the Army Quality Assurance Program to ensure standards are met in the educations, training, and leadership development of Soldiers and Civilians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides training and instruction to support one or more SMD School training courses
• Develop lesson plans, training materials, and course content Conduct training secessions, demonstrations, and develop evaluation criteria
• Provide technical subject matter expertise and knowledge related to Army space operations
• Travel to conduct training as required
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally, responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This job operates in multiple environments: a professional office environment, operational military training environment including adverse weather and terrain, and in a classroom environment. While in a military training environment, the position requires the wear of military uniforms, Army combat helmet, the use of night vision goggles, and standard Army personal protective equipment. This job routinely requires the ability to lift 50 pounds or more and can include lengthy periods of walking. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. It also uses and troubleshoots small to medium signal transmitters, military equipment, and spectrum analyzers.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
• 15 to 20 years of space related military experience as a Senior NCO or Field Grade Officer or a Bachelor’s Degree
• Understanding of Space Fundamentals
• Experience and understanding of military operations
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Previous instructor-facilitator experience
• Certified Instructor from a military service or civilian institution
• Knowledge and understanding of SATCOM, PNT, OPIR, ISR, MD, GMD, SSA
• Previous instructor-facilitator experience
• Understand the MDMP process
• Ability to brief higher ranking officials
• Ability to articulate space non-space personnel
• Knowledge and understanding of the ADDIE model
• Ability to travel 50% or more
• Target salary for this role is 80K, commensurate with experience
• MOSQ: FA40, Space 200, ASCBC, Space Operations Course, Space 300 or other relevant space courses
• Graduate of a military instructor training course (ITC/SGITC, FIFC, ABIC, AFBIC, etc.)
• Sensor Manager Qualification Course (SMQC), or Sensor Leadership Development Course (SMLDC)
• Target salary is $80,000, commensurate with exp.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Top Secret level and be TS/SCI eligible. Top Secret/SCI highly preferred. US Citizenship is a requirement for holding a Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=27366