Systems Engineer (RSTELS-21-1430-W):
Bowhead seeks a Systems Administrator to provide customer and technical support. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for establishing and implementing standards for computer operations. The Systems Administrator will assist with the troubleshooting of software and operating system problems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Answering questions about installation, operation, configuration, and customization.
• Applying diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures.
• Specific support consists of troubleshooting hardware and software related issues encountered by users.
• Assist with the installation of new software releases, system upgrades, evaluation and installation of patches and to resolve software related issues and Information Assurance Vulnerabilities (IAVs).
• Assist with the maintenance and monitoring of the organizational mailbox to ensure that all users receive timely support in response to their requests for assistance.
• Maintain and develop IT related procedures required to support the organization.
• Maintain data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
• Assist in the preparation of a monthly progress and status report.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
•Two to five years (2-5) years of Systems Administration experience
• Professional and effective communication skills (both verbal and written) between customers, team members, and line management.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team with guidance from senior leadership and through the use of SOPs.
•Independent problem solving skills, self-motivation and self-direction.
•Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
•Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
•Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply: https://bit.ly/3uqKfWB