TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER (NIWC-21-1312-W):
Bowhead is seeking a Technical Project Manager to support the Cybersecurity Information Technology contract located in Charleston, SC and Norfolk, VA. The Project Manager will work on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of the program and perform all functional duties independently.
Specific responsibilities may include:
• Oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific task order.
• Demonstrate good problem solving skills and experience overseeing accomplishments of multiple tasks by multiple subject matter experts.
• Work directly with and consult with client to define need or problem; supervise studies and leads surveys to collect and analyze data to provide advice and recommend solutions.
• Consult with client to define need or problem; supervise studies and leads surveys to collect and analyze data to provide advice and recommend solutions.
• Manage complex TECHNICAL tasks controlling and tracking performance and goals in terms of costs, schedules, and resources.
• Demonstrable understanding of Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security management techniques and methods.
• Ability to analyze future trends in Cyber Threats and provide actionable recommendations.
• Demonstrate excellent knowledge of Cybersecurity, systems security engineering, technical, and management support.
• Demonstrate excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of program/project management software (MS Project etc.).
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
• Minimum of eight (8+) years of relevant technical/program management experience and a BA/BS degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, or Business.
• Experience with DoDI 8510.01 Risk Management Framework (RMF)/DIACAP requirements.
• CISSP certification or equivalent is preferred.
• Knowledge of NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF); Cybersecurity for Cloud environments; Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS); and Vulnerability Remediation Asset Manager (VRAM).
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must hold and be able to maintain security clearance at the Secret level. US citizenship is a requirement for a Secret level clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to apply: