UNARMED SECURITY GUARD (JSA-21-1145-W):
Bowhead is looking for a dedicated and alert unarmed security guard to manage the security and safety of our client’s premises in Newport News, VA. In this role, your duties will include performing access control, monitoring security equipment, and patrolling the premises. You will also need to alert law enforcement agents of security breaches.
To ensure success, unarmed security guards should demonstrate experience in a similar role and the ability to assess security concerns. A top-notch unarmed security guard will be someone who can be relied upon to take proactive steps in maintaining a safe and secure environment.
Responsibilities may include:
• Preventing illegal or inappropriate actions by maintaining a high visibility presence.
• Performing access control procedures on vehicles, personnel, and visitors.
• Patrolling the buildings, facilities, and perimeters of the premises.
• Informing personnel and visitors of security procedures, as well as acting upon non-compliance.
• Monitoring alarm systems and video surveillance systems.
• Investigating suspicious activities and disturbances.
• Immediately reporting security breaches to designated law enforcement agents.
• Performing maintenance checks on security systems and equipment.
• Documenting observations and surveillance activities.
• Adhering to security industry regulations.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
• High school diploma or GED is required.
• Virginia-prescribed training, licensing, and registration.
• A minimum of two (2+) years’ experience in a similar role preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of deterring illegal activity and performing access control.
• In-depth knowledge of security systems and surveillance equipment, knowledge of security industry regulations, and demonstrable experience in documenting security procedures and observations.
• Advanced ability to respond to security breaches and threats, ability to inform personnel and visitors of security procedures, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: There are currently no Security Clearance requirements for this position; however, candidates must be able to successfully pass a background check. Due to the location of this work, US Citizenship is required. Bowhead reserves the right to change this requirement if necessitated by business needs or contractual obligations.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply: