Data Scientist (PEOC3T-21-1110-F):
Bowhead is seeking a Data Scientist to support the PEOC3T contract located at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD. The Data Scientist will provide data engineering support of PEO C3T TMD.
Responsibilities to include:
• Provide data expertise in multiple areas to include:
• Tactical and Operational Data (operations, fires, protection, intelligence and planning)
• Network Operations
• Server Architectures
• Data Strategies with consideration towards tactical network constraints
• Mission Command Systems
• Gateway Systems for data, transport and networking
• Technical Coordination with PMs
• Provide tactical networking, transmission, and/or applications expertise
• Converse and support soldiers at all echelons
• Integrate data across multiple systems and platforms
• Provide direct support on PM systems if PM rep is not available
• Run analysis to support making technical trade decisions regarding communications systems
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
Education and Certification:
• A relevant degree, professional qualifications or equivalent experience.
Candidates for this position must be able to demonstrate:
• Knowledge and understanding of modern and emerging data standards and technique; data integration across disparate systems
• Knowledge in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
• Knowledge and understanding current/future Force tactical and strategic military communications networks, as well as the architecture, protocols, security, network management and physics underlying these systems.
• The ability to conduct technical coordination between PEO, PMs and units.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must have an active security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply: