LCV NORTHCOM NTC: Laborer
The Laborer sustains the upkeep of common areas and related duties to include but not limited to the following: clean and maintain all break areas, restrooms, common use areas, hazmat containment area and wash rack. Respond as required to HAZMAT incidences in a timely manner. Cleans shop / work areas as needed and ensure the yard is free of trash and debris.
Principal Accountabilities :
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Polices fence lines and grounds areas to remove trash and clutter
- Cleans up shop areas, work areas, break areas and restrooms
- Cleans up HAZMAT spills
- Trains, mentors and enhances the performance of co-workers and other personnel
- Trains, cross-trains and attends training as required
- Participates in the Company Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) and Quality Control programs
- Complies with all Company rules, policies and procedures
- Complies with all safety, environmental and quality standards and applicable COPs and DOPs
- Writes performance and evaluation comments/reports as required
- Provides for accountability and proper care of all government furnished equipment and contractor furnished equipment
- Favorably interacts with internal/ external customers and fellow employees
- Will be required, on an as needed basis, to assist to perform functions in alternate areas of the project
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills :
- Field of Expertise: Labor
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently
- Works under stressful circumstances and meets shorts suspense dates
- Must be flexible, duties assignments may vary based on project requirements
Experience & Education :
- Some work experience is preferable
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds unassisted
- Must be able to team lift up to 100 pounds in a two-person carry
- Use crowbars, brooms, mops, sledge hammers and related items
- Must be able to stand, stoop, crawl and climb as necessary to perform job functions using proper techniques and PPE for extended periods
- Must be free of medical restriction/ limitations that prevent the performance of required duties and/ or prevent the wearing and utilization of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Must be physically capable of performing the work in conditions of extreme temperatures, low humidity, rain and blowing sand and dust
- Employees shall utilize all proper lifting procedures and practices associated with all lifting and material handling tasks that are assigned and associated with this job description
- May be required to work on uncommon hours of duty, extended hours, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and be able to obtain a military operator’s permit for each type of vehicle or equipment required to operate
- Must be able to meet CMF criteria in accordance with DA PAM 611-21 and AR 601-210
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who will be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.