LCV NORTHCOM NTC: Vehicle Support Technician
The Vehicle Support Technician operates all types of tactical (wheel & track) vehicles in support of RSOI and REGEN operations. Conducts Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) in accordance with applicable Technical Manuals (TMs) and corrects operator level deficiencies on the spot.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Positions vehicles for RSOI grid sets in the staging yard
- Polices area and facilities as required
- Report any equipment maintenance issues during grid setting (i.e., maintenance faults on equipment, vehicle admin number eligibility) to the supervisor
- Supports/ participates in the Company Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) and QA program
- Mentors and assists with on-the-job training and cross-training
- Participates in training and cross-training sessions as required and necessary
- Complies with all Company rules, policies and procedures
- Complies with all safety, environmental and quality standards and applicable COPs and DOPs
- Provides for the accountability and proper care of all GFE / CFE
- Will be required, on an as needed basis, to assist to perform functions in alternate areas of the project
- Assist grid supervisor as needed by coordinating with maintenance branch managers on the type and amount of equipment needed for the grid.
- Ensure Proper vehicle placement in pre-grid yard
- Perform grid verifications
- Coordinate with grid supervisor on temp personnel assignment (Pre-grid yard/Turn-In Checkpoint)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently
- Field of expertise: Knowledge of some military equipment
Experience & Education:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license
- Must have one (1) year, verifiable total experience in transportation procedures
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
- Work under stressful circumstances and meets shorts suspense dates
- Must be free of medical restriction/ limitations that prevent the performance of required duties and/ or prevent the wearing and utilization of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Must be physically capable of performing the work in conditions of extreme temperatures, low humidity, rain and blowing sand and dust
- Employee shall utilize all proper lifting procedures and practices associated with all lifting and material handling tasks that are assigned and associated with this job description
- May be required to work on uncommon hours of duty, extended hours, nights, weekends, and holidays
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who will be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.