Business Development Director
The Business Development Director is a highly motivated, target-driven leader, capable of developing and maintaining long-term senior relationships with major LNG, Chemical, Petrochemical, and Refinery companies, setting the strategy and delivering upon business sales targets for KBR Technology-Led Industrial Solutions.
This is a collaborative sales director role that will require an ability to form trusted relationships to position investment-based value opportunities to KBR clients. The candidate must be able to articulate through inciteful knowledge of the KBR systems and applications, with an understanding of reliability and operational pain points and how solutions can bring improved asset and operational performance. Remote Opportunity Available
Locations : – ERC (Europe, Russia, Caspian)
Job Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Will be responsible for delivering on ERC regional job income sold sales quota
- Best Practice BD Lead for TLIS’s Digital Asset Solutions PSL, supporting other sales leaders located around the globe to develop consistent messaging to the market
- Develop strategic growth plans for TLIS LNG Asset Solutions, Digital Solutions, and Industrial Solutions PSL’s within the assigned geographic region by working closely with members of the regional TLIS, Technology, Integrated Solutions, and Consulting leadership teams.
- Identify, create, and manage key business relationships with senior management and executives in client organizations together with company leadership in TLIS, Technology, and other KBR business units.
- Responsible for the development of strategic account management programs for TLIS’ clients.
- Comply with the company’s sales management process and systems, ensuring compliance with current forecasting systems, and work with TLIS regional sales directors to determine improvements as needed.
- Responsible for regional team sales operations direction, including sales strategy, sales forecasting, sales pipeline commitment, solution proposition.
- Responsible for developing a yearly regional sales team business development strategy to support the TLIS growth initiatives.
- Engage with strategy and marketing groups (incl other functions) to understand regional installed base, market dynamics, and trends as well as developing market engagement strategies, planning of market and tradeshow events, and other associated activities to promote customer understanding of TLIS’ combined solutions.
- Participate with all TLIS sales leadership in developing and maintaining consistencies across sales both with respect to customer engagement, and to internal systems, processes, and tools.
- Interface with Subject Matter Experts (tax, treasury, corporate finance, risk, insurance, legal and internal compliance) to ensure all proposals are within Company’s risk profile. Oversee proposal-related efforts by directly supporting assigned inside sales managers.
- Direct the contract and commercial negotiations of major pursuits with support and oversight of Legal and Regional Director of Sales
- Maintain full compliance with the company’s Code of Business Conduct to provide a safe working environment, ensuring compliance with all governmental regulations and corporate safety guidelines. Proactively direct continuous improvement efforts in the areas of risk reduction and the elimination of potential hazards.
- Manage bid and proposal activity, proposal prioritization and metrics, opportunity screening, sales forecasting, sales management and leadership, strategic account management, and management of regional sales activities.
- Must bring established and proven client relationships and opportunities. The relationships need to be mature and on a trusted basis
Job Qualifications and Skills:
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Strong background in Digital Solutions with experience in positioning and selling of outcome-based business propositions which include software bundled with Service delivery
- Comfortable in a C-suite setting, and able to deliver a simplified investment message to executive business leaders
- Strong domain background in understanding the business needs of selling digital solutions that support smart operations, and maintenance.
- Preference for Chemical or Mechanical Engineering background with an understanding of Digital Solutions, Petrochemical or Refinery or Ammonia processes in either engineering or project management function
- Working within a plant operations environment is an advantage
- Very good understanding of digital tools and solutions available in the market related to the targeted market
- Clear technical level understanding of operational objectives at process plants
- This role requires an individual who is an articulate, strong facilitator and negotiator, displays integrity and an open attitude, has excellent communication and social skills at senior executive levels, who is flexible and innovative.
- The candidate must be a proven sales leader with experience selling digital solutions and/or engineering services to executive and senior management levels in the assigned geographic region with proven sales leadership experience and a strong ability to influence people by building trust and credibility.
- 10+ years sales management/director level experience with a proven track record of successful outcomes
- Experience selling Digital Portfolio Solutions, Process Technology, or related technical offerings where purchase decisions are made at executive and senior management levels, based on business outcome
- Trained and working knowledge in collaborative “outcome-based” selling processes
- Fluent in English both verbal and written
- Willing to travel +50% of the time
- Degree in Chemical Engineering (or related discipline) or equivalent
- MBA (desirable)
- Have strong client and partner networks in the assigned geographic territory (Europe)
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY AT KBR
At KBR, we are passionate about our people, sustainability, and our Zero Harm culture. These inform all that we do and are at the heart of our commitment to, and ongoing journey toward being a more inclusive and diverse company. That commitment is central to our team of teams philosophy and fosters an environment of real collaboration across cultures and locations. Our individual differences and perspectives bring enhanced value to our teams and help us develop solutions for the most challenging problems. We understand that by embracing those differences and working together, we are more innovative, more resilient, and safer. We Deliver — Together.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who will be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.