Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) is seeking an Enterprise Architect to join our team supporting a major state & local government customer. This position reports to the Architecture team Lead as part of the Architecture Team responsible for infrastructure IT strategy, enterprise solution design, technology roadmap, capabilities mapping, service continuity, and quality assurance services to a variety of geographically dispersed customers throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
There is the potential for this role to be performed 100% remote.
Essential duties of this position include:
- Architecting new or changed IT services, Service Management Systems, technologies, processes, information and metrics.
- Create, manage and maintain IT enterprise architecture models and their sub-components
- Developing annual technology roadmaps, refresh plans, and supporting technical designs for Enterprise Infrastructure Services
- Develop solution designs based on collaboration with a diverse groups including customers, engineers, and other enterprise architects
- Ability to resolve complex issues related to enterprise wide concerns
- Ability to design and develop cost effective solutions that meet functional, non-functional, technical, and performance requirements
The Enterprise Architect performs a critical role ensuring designed solutions are appropriately documented, meet business requirements, and are aligned with technology strategies, industry standards, and best practices. You will have the opportunity to impact implemented design solutions for systems and services ensuring scalability, performance, and design in line with industry best practices.
The ideal candidate will have extensive infrastructure experience including solution design; experience translating business requirements and objectives into IT strategy; and experience with one or more frameworks for best practice delivery including ITIL v4 and TOGAF. Experience must include familiarity with application, platforms and infrastructure layers
Other key attributes include:
- Experience in supporting a large, complex IT environment for a Federal or State Government
- Excellent communicator and collaborator, capable of working independently, in small groups, or directly with customers.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors and four (4) years or more experience; Masters and two (2) years or more experience ;.
- ITIL v4 certification preferred (Foundation or above) is preferred
- Extensive experience with one or more Enterprise Architecture frameworks – (TOGAF)
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Enterprise network architecture and design
- Server and storage Design
- IT Infrastructure Capacity/Availability management
- Enterprise wide virtualization
- Public/private cloud infrastructure and design
- Design and implementation of enterprise wide collaboration tools
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $85,001 - $95,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.