SAIC has a contingent opportunity for a Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Systems Operator to support the Combined Arms Support Command (CASCOM) Sustainment Battle Lab in Fort Lee, VA.
This position is contingent upon contract award which is expected February 2022.
The Sustainment Battle Lab conducts and participates in wargames and experiments using constructive and live experiment environments; conducts analysis to gain insights, impacts, and recommends Doctrine, Organizations, Training, Leader Development, Materiel, Personnel and Facilities (DOTLMPF) changes to current and future force concepts, systems, and organizations; monitors and guides science and technology experiment initiatives and recommends integration into the current or future modular force.
The Modeling and Simulation Operator:
- Develops, modifies, and maintains conventional computer programs.
- Integrates the hardware, software, programming, and database tasks.
- Uses standard industry accepted procedures and detailed specifications to devise program logic (may include translating mathematical notation), modify interrelationship of files and records, diagnose and correct errors, test and document work, and write computer operator instructions.
- Works on complex programs under close technical guidance.
- Monitors computer program performance during experimentation events and takes corrective actions when required.
- Reviews all program documentation and certifies compliance with DoD hardware and software system configuration management policies.
- Determines operational specifications for local and wide area communications networks used by the computer simulations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in Information Systems Management, Computer Systems Analysis, Computer Science, or Applied Mathematics; OR shall possess a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in computer programming using UNIX/LINUX in a military simulation environment.
- Must have an active SECRET Security Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.