SAIC has a contingent opportunity for a System Administrator to support the Combined Arms Support Command (CASCOM) Sustainment Battle Lab in Fort Lee, VA.
This position is contingent upon contract award which is expected February 2022.
The Sustainment Battle Lab conducts and participates in wargames and experiments using constructive and live experiment environments; conducts analysis to gain insights, impacts, and recommends Doctrine, Organizations, Training, Leader Development, Materiel, Personnel and Facilities (DOTLMPF) changes to current and future force concepts, systems, and organizations; monitors and guides science and technology experiment initiatives and recommends integration into the current or future modular force.
The System Administrator:
- Installs and configures application software for classified and unclassified desktop and laptop computer systems including peripheral equipment.
- Plans, coordinates, provides operational maintenance for software loading and upgrades for office applications and Windows Server2012/2008/XP, UNIX, and LINUX or later software.
- Also determines cost effective equipment techniques and sources used in support of PC computers (Windows Server 2012/2008/XP, SUN Solaris™, UNIX, and LINUX or later based computer platforms).
- Analyzes and isolates classified and unclassified computer/network hardware problems.
- Installs, tests, modifies, upgrades, and troubleshoots classified and unclassified computers and peripherals connected in a networking environment.
- Assists in establishing standard configuration environment files for the different multi-vendor computer platforms networked together.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science Information Systems Management or Computer Science Application Management or related field; OR shall possess a minimum of two (2) years’ experience with computer network and application software installation, trouble shooting, networking operations, and maintenance.
- Must possess baseline certification to perform the role as an Information Assurance Technician (IAT) level II commensurate with the applicable designation as identified in DOD 8570.01-M. Shall possess at a minimum Security+ CE certification.
Must possess the minimum experience in at least two (2) of the following:
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in classified and unclassified computer hardware and software diagnostic procedures.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in configuring and customizing classified and unclassified desktop and laptop computer systems, optimizing internal memory use, resolving hardware/software interrupt conflicts, and installing device drivers in a networked computer environment.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in computer diagnostic, file defragmentation, file backup, file recovery, and LAN management procedures used in fault isolation of hardware and software.
- Must have an active SECRET Security Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.