SAIC has an immediate need for a Network engineer associate/entry level to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide. This Posting is for an Entry Level position for individual eager to advance their carrier in the computer Network world designing and leading a team of technicians on installations and upgrades. A successful candidate will serve as a Network Engineer at NASA Kennedy Space Center. Job responsibilities will include design, engineering, installation, configuration, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, and documentation of center network architectures in a multi-vendor (Primarily Cisco), multi-protocol environment. The candidate will develop designs to meet customer requirements according to standard architectures and products. Other duties may also be assigned in support of other service lines as needed.
List Job Duties in this section –
- Provide solutions to problems with the integration of various technologies
The Network Engineer will be expected to:
- Assist in troubleshooting network systems to identify and fix performance issues
- Assist in determining root cause and developing resolutions
- Communicate with customers and management keeping them informed of incident/project progress, impending changes, or agreed outages
- Work in an enterprise service line model
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree in related field or High school Diploma and 2 years of related experience.
- Years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- The Associate Network Engineer must have excellent oral and written skills and be able to present technical information in formal presentations to both internal and external customers. The candidate must have a working knowledge of network infrastructure design, routed data protocols, switches, data, and hardware platforms.
- An understanding of Switches, Routers, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, Wireless LANs, VPN, VLANS, and SNMP
- Familiarity with current trends in cloud computing, and network automation/programmability.
- Understanding of fiber and copper cable plant
- Ability to adhere to NIST standards
- Knowledge of Operating Systems such as Windows, Cisco Systems, VOIP
- Public trust
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Certifications / Training:
- Experience designing and planning deployment of Cisco controller based wireless technologies
- Certifications: CCNA, Network+
- Associate Degree in related field or
- High school Diploma and 2 years of related experience.
Travel (if any):
- Little to none. Only on the rare occasion
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.