SAIC has an immediate opportunity for a Cloud Engineer / Administrator located in JBSA Randolph, Tx. This is a full-time position. The Cloud Engineer / Administrator duties will entail the transition of locally hosted infrastructure to the cloud as well as the configuration of our current cloud environment to include researching, designing and engineering integration solutions for the client.
The Cloud Engineer / Administrator must have experience in providing leadership and mentorship to small and high performing technical teams working in the development and operations of cloud and other virtualized environments.
- Must have significant in-depth understanding of and experience with the creation of and use of cloud-based resources; as well as the migration of legacy systems to the cloud.
- Must be able to identify strategies for addressing requirements.
- Must have extensive experience analyzing requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance concerns.
- Must have extensive experience in taking client requirements and developing it into an architecture vision.
- Must have experience in high volume and high availability cloud based network interconnectivity like VPC, VPN and VPC Peering
- Must have experience in creating and conveying to the client and team members solutions based on cloud offerings and services.
- Must take ownership for system solutions including but not limited to: AWS platforms, deployment platform and virtualized environment solutions.
- Must have experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices such as Agile
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Knowledge / Development in one or more programing languages (Java, Python, C/C++, C#, PHP, .Net, Node.js, Go and Ruby)
- Knowledge of JSON, YAML and XML
- Knowledge of system Administration of Windows and Linux servers
- Knowledge and understanding of Virtual Networking principles such as DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, CDN, Public and Private Subnets and VPN
- Worked with AW services such as Route 53, CloudFront and Virtual Private Cloud
- Knowledge of data storage options available and when to apply them (i.e., bucket storage using S3 to Relational Database Services (RDS) to full fledge Hadoop clusters.
- Knowledge of Cloud Security foundations (i.e., securing AWS accounts, to data, to managing identity and access management (IAM) services as well as using security groups and access control list to secure networks)
- Knowledge of both front and back-end technologies provided by the cloud vendor (i.e. Amazon)
- Knowledge of basic Amazon services such as SQS, SNS and RDS
- Working experience or knowledge of virtualization or services like virtual machines, EC2, Lambda and Serverless Computing
- Working knowledge of Web Services and API
- Working knowledge of Containers such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Knowledge of using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to implement IaaS, PaaS, SaaS using CI/CD process
-Must have the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect- Associate up to Professional level will be accepted.
- Knowledge of and or worked in the following additional Cloud environments:
- Microsoft Azure
- Google GCP
- Knowledge of and or worked with the following tools: