BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (BDEV-21-1724-F)
Bowhead is looking for a Business Development (BD) Manager to support our growing Manufacturing & Products (M&P) Business Group in Plano, TX. We seek a Business Development Manager who will administer and focus on near-term (Tactical) new business growth. This involves the daily monitoring of open source procurement systems, bid-boards and vendor systems, to assess, identify and respond to viable competitive bids. You will continuously improve the proposal process used to bid these opportunities, administer existing vendor and OEM relationships, and master the vendor systems used to solicit OEM requirements.
• Build and manage a pipeline of competitive opportunities with focus on manufacturing and reverse engineering. Pipeline will include Prime and Subcontracting opportunities with short-term (Tactical) requirements.
• Manage existing vendor, OEM and industry partner relationships both locally and throughout the nation to catalyze new business and revenue growth.
• Identify, qualify and pursue new opportunities that correlate M&P capabilities and past performance to customer needs and requirements.
• Support and lead day-to-day Business Development operations, requirement assessments, technical assessments, technical proposal development and proposal pricing. This includes working with technical subject matter experts, proposal, contracts, pricing, and talent acquisition teams.
• Work in close coordination with the M&P Group Business Development Director to integrate short-term (Tactical) and long-term (Strategic) new business efforts into a single BD approach.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
Strong organizational and task management skills are key to excelling in this job. Position requires:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education plus 3-5 year’s business development experience in a government setting.
• Understanding of Manufacturing & Product based procurement life-cycles and requirements.
• Organize and lead day-to-day, short turn competitive bid opportunities to meet DOD and Government requirements.
• Organize, manage and participate in the development of government proposals.
• Communicate effectively (both oral and written) with internal and external resources, vendors, customers, government procurement officials, technical experts and management personnel.
• Lead teams and be an effective team player. Collaborate constantly with support resources, customers, vendors, management personnel and teammates at all levels.
• Computer savvy with solid experience using Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel, and Outlook.
• Understand Military or Government operations, procurements and requirements.
• Other assignments as needed.
• Ability to quickly learn and master procurement systems, processes and methods used in competitive bidding.
• Ability to understand requirements, write technical proposals, white papers, RFI and Sources Sought responses. Experience using the Shipley method.
• Ability to develop winning approaches, conduct competitive assessments and implement effective new business strategies.
• Ability to conduct open-source business intelligence.
• Ability to support Cost proposal formulation.
• Proficient in the use of CostPoint CRM or similar business development pipeline tools.
• Deconflict pursuits with other Bowhead BD elements.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Top Secret level. Active Secret clearance highly desired. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*31EE9236E2615AC0