Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
The Programme and Project Partners (PPP) is an exciting model to work in. Four world class organisations have come together as one team, with Sellafield Ltd, to create a clean and safe environment for future generations.
PPP is set to revolutionise project delivery at Sellafield and create a lasting legacy, through long-term partnerships.
The Sellafield nuclear site is home to one of the most complex portfolios of construction and infrastructure projects in the world, stretching over many decades.
The new approach will support the transformation from nuclear operator into a world leader in environmental remediation.
The partnership is made up of four lots and Sellafield Ltd, as 5th Partner, to help deliver the site's decommissioning programme:
· Kellogg Brown and Root Ltd (KBR) - integration partner
· Jacobs - design and engineering partner
· Morgan Sindall Infrastructure - civils construction management partner
· Doosan Babcock Ltd - process construction management partner
Sellafield Ltd will work collaboratively with the four lot partners, to deliver major projects in support of the site’s 100-year decommissioning programme.
The new approach is set up to support faster, more effective project delivery, stability in design and construction supply chains, greater workforce flexibility, and local economic benefit.
Project Controls and Commercial Services (PCCS) is the mechanism in which Sellafield Ltd have engaged KBR Ltd to provide Commercial and Project Controls Services to the portfolio of enterprise projects, in addition to the original PPP programme. Those services include the provision of some 150+ Commercial and Project Controls Professionals across the Sellafield Ltd network of Projects.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Cost & Change Manager for the cost control, forecasting, management and coordination of the PPP Programme and Major Projects.
· Developing and maintaining cost control and reporting standards and procedures
· Preparation and maintenance of the project cost break down structure, budget integrated cost reports and cashflows
· Maintenance of a program cost benchmarking database
· Analysing and reporting on Programme, Project, Consultant/Contractor cost reports and cashflows
· Prepare independent risk analyses of cost reports and cashflows
· Preparation of monthly and weekly cost and resource reports
· Preparing and making cost management presentations
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
· BSc in related subject or equivalent experience
· Sound knowledge of all cost and commercial aspects of infrastructure, construction and, preferably, Nuclear projects and programmes
· Experience in conceptual cost planning, financial accounting, expenditure profiling, cost reporting and forecasting costs at gates and completion
· Ability effectively monitor and analyse cost, identify trends and recommend corrective actions
· Experienced user of MS Office and advanced MS Excel user.
· Experience using Prism cost databases is advantageous
· Excellent report writing and compilation of data metrics skills
· Planning and Organising
· Detailed analytical skills
· Ability to work under pressure and to demanding deadlines
· Team player
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Able to work at all levels in an organisation
· Strong customer focus
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.