The Digital Workspace Network Operations Center, a multi-tenant network support team, located in Oak Ridge and Cookeville, Tennessee, currently has an opening for the position of Network Technician I. The DW NOC supports SAIC's internal network, the associated ISMC network, and multiple client networks. We work with numerous teams and individuals via email, telephone, chat, and direct ticket submission. We support off hour's coverage for all customers, ensuring 24/7 seamless operations.
Applicants must be flexible to work any 10-hour shift within our hours of operation, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with possibility of overnights, weekends, and holidays. This position is for a four-day, 40-hour workweek. We are seeking candidates who live in, or around, the Oak Ridge/Knoxville area in East Tennessee, the Cookeville area in Middle Tennessee, or remote technicians around the US.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Inspect LAN/WAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs
- Perform troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network
- Evaluate network performance and find ways of improvement
- Test, configure, and maintain network hardware and peripheral devices
- Assist End-Users is identifying and resolving network related issues
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their own work
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions
- Work in tandem with all coworkers, and other teams, to ensure efficient and prompt resolution of all issues.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking/Engineering or related field, or 3+ years' experience in an IT support role.
- CCNA qualifications are strongly preferred (Net+ acceptable)
- CCNA Security/SEC+ qualifications are strongly preferred.
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies
- Familiarity with the OSI and TCP/IP models and how the layers function and relate
- Familiarity with concepts and best practices of Network Security
- Knowledge in SSH and accessing network hardware and configuration via CLI
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on accurate and succinct documentation of all work performed for ticketing purposes and collaborating with team members.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance
- Available for shift oriented work, in a 24/7 environment, and able to work holidays as needed
- Ability to acquire Public High Trust clearance
- Reliable means of transportation
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $25,001 - $50,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.