SAIC is seeking an individual for an Orbit Analyst and Space Modeling and Simulation role to join the Space Systems Technology Group. This group provides specialized program management, engineering, analysis and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. You would support the cutting-edge programs in national security-related systems based in space, in the air and on the ground.
This Space Analyst and Space Modeling and Simulation role will work in a collaborative team-focused environment in prototyping, designing, and integrating niche tools which will be used in modeling and simulating space vehicle missions. This position will help progress, establish, incorporate, and advance current and promising concepts to inform tactical decision making timelines. Your role will be to provide needed expertise and proficiency to develop algorithms, support modeling and simulation efforts and provide orbit analytic skills to conduct analyses to support physics-based modeling. This position is available immediately and is in direct support to the community’s space situational awareness mission.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct analysis of mission data applicable to promoting awareness and understanding about space threats and vulnerabilities
- Formulate and interpret problems in mathematical or computational terms
- Design, develop, use, and evaluate mathematical models, methods, and algorithm application to explore concepts and solve problems for the customer
- Develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software algorithms (e.g. processing-intensive analytics, novel process development, manipulation of large data sets)
- Advance and progress space-based models for integration into simulation scenarios
- Research analysis products and tools for possible integration to enhance Modeling & Simulation framework
- Create new tools and applications using a variety of software languages, frameworks, and libraries
- Improve, support, and test a Modeling & Simulation framework to support other team member’s analysis work
- Refine and enhance existing applications to better meet the customer’s mission
- Code, test, and maintain internally developed mathematical software tools