Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Technology Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-orientated Senior Systems Engineer with in-depth knowledge of systems engineering to join our team in Chantilly, VA.
• Designing, implementing, and documenting customer solutions in a wide variety of application and/or service areas, including workstation baselines, server baselines, VDI solutions, client/server applications, 3-tier web applications, and new technologies as identified by the customer.
• Designing and deploying enterprise level disaster recovery solutions
• Designing and deploying enterprise class SAN deployments and backup infrastructures, including Data-at-Rest
• Designing and deploying new applications and services to the infrastructure
• Assisting Service Operations teams diagnose and resolve the toughest performance, security, and/or technical challenges related to desktop support and deployments
• Developing client install packages for across-the-wire system deployments and system upgrades
• Providing IT Systems and Applications Engineering support for a large, distributed IT infrastructure Working within the Applications Management division.
• Performing requirements analysis, design, and integration for complex software application environments and collaboration infrastructures.
• Providing direction and guidance to less experienced systems engineers.
• Responsibility for investigating and resolving operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
• Other tasks may include requirements specification, performance modeling, end-to-end functional analysis, cost estimation, and joint application design.
• Working on project teams responsible for engineering and packaging releases to integrate within the customer's production IT environment.
• Recognize and resolve all business issues and impact.
• Adhere to firm Change Management, Problem Management policies and familiarity with ITIL or other formalized IT operations foundations.
• Participating in processes throughout all phases of ITIL Service Lifecycle, including submitting Change Requests
• Providing IT Systems Engineering support on a wide range of technologies, including Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, Oracle databases, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat, HBSS, Splunk, customer line-of-business applications, VMware vCenter, Horizon View, Site Recovery Manager, HPAC Secure Printing, HP Blade Servers, HP SANs, Certificate Services, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Group Policies and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree or 7+ years of relevant IT experience
• 5+ years of experience as an enterprise systems administrator in a client or server environment, including deployment automation tools
• Security+ CE or DoD 8570 Certification required (IAT Level II required / IAT Level III desired)
• Computing domain certification is required
• Extensive knowledge of Windows based systems including Hardware, software, networking, and storage
• Proficiency in PowerShell and/or other scripting languages
• Willingness to work after normal duty hours (nights and weekends) as needed.
• ITIL v3.0 or Foundation Certifications highly desired
• Certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, VMware VCP7 – CMA are highly desired
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 75% of the time
• Must be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery
• Must be able to position self to maintain office supplies on variable height shelving.
• The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management, and customers, which may involve delivering presentations.
• Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
• Must be able to observe and detect employee deviations from established policy
Security Clearance requirements:
Active TS with SCI clearance adjudicated within the past 6 years. Candidate must be open to CI poly.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.