Where applicable, confirmation that you meet customer requirements for facility access which may include proof of vaccination and/or attestation and testing, unless an accommodation has been approved.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is recruiting highly talented NSSL Launch Ground & Infrastructures System Engineer with skills and background related to launch vehicles to help the Air Force redefine the future of National Security Space Launch (NSSL) launch, bringing new entrant Launch Service Providers such as SpaceX in to the Air Force NSSL launch portfolio.
We are seeking experienced and energetic candidates to join our world-class team in El Segundo, CA.
Join our ManTech team of highly talented engineers as a Launch Ground & Infrastructures System Engineer with skills and background related to space launch vehicle design, manufacturing, and/or operations.
- Provide Atlas V and Delta IV Launch Ground and Infrastructures Systems engineering expertise at our El Segundo, CA office.
- Areas of expertise: Ground mechanical support equipment, electrical ground support equipment, infrastructure, commodities, personnel, organizations, and operations.
- Prepare assessments of Engineering Review Boards including risk recommendations.
- Support Customer acquisition functions such as requirements development, request for proposals, and cost/technical/schedule/performance reports.
- Perform systems engineering functions such as requirements definition, design review, test review, pedigree, hardware acceptance, verification, operations, and post-flight analyses.
- Perform Design Center Walkdowns of launch infrastructure prior to LV arrival and operations.
- Perform crossover analyses of related and potentially-related infrastructure systems.
- Prepare Customer team for, and support rehearsals and launch operations and anomaly resolution.
- Plan, coordinate, brief, support Chief Engineer Review Boards and other meetings.
- Perform technical and engineering data management, such as data mining and reporting.
- Perform Training and Certification including course development, peer review, training, mentoring.
- Collaborate with Aerospace Corporation, Launch Vehicle Contractors (LVCs), Launch Sites, factories.
- Serve as authority in Launch Site Ground; support USAF customers in the preparation for and execution of Chief Engineer briefings, Weekly Status Reviews, and other SMC processes.
- Prepare weekly verbal and written evaluations and reports of a technical nature.
Knowledge & Experience in the following:
- Design, test, manufacture, and operation of mechanical and electrical ground support equipment, infrastructure, commodities, processes, personnel and organizations.
- Performing design reviews, pre/post-test reviews, procedure reviews, anomaly resolution.
- Providing risk assessments and actionable recommendations and mitigations.
- Performing acquisition functions such as requirements development and performance assessments.
- Performing systems engineering functions from requirements development through post-flight reporting.
- Operating Day of Launch data systems and providing training and support to customers and colleagues.
- Interacting effectively with USAF, SMC, NASA, NRO, LV contractors, launch sites, and Aerospace Corporation.
- Performing Knowledge Capture, Process Definition, preparing and providing training.
- Preparing and giving written and oral presentations and reports to colleagues, customers, and management.
- Knowledge of Atlas, Delta, or Vulcan LV and Ground and Infrastructure at CCSFS and VAFB preferred.
- Prior launch, satellite, launch site, aerospace industry or relevant USG experience preferred.
- Bachelors or Master's degree or higher in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum of 10 Years of relevant experience
- Current and active DoD Secret Clearance Required
- Must be a US Citizen
- “Quick Learner” and “Great Teacher”; able to provide thoughtful, credible training and mentoring.
- Independence, initiative, dedicated, collaborative, proactive, success-oriented problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Information Technology systems and databases.
Frequent travel to CONUS required to LAAFB, Aerospace, VAFB and CCSFS, and other sites to support meetings, reviews, and operations. Launch operations may occur during non-standard business hours and may be extensive. Must be able to “flex” work hours to accomplish tasks.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.