SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering
& integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated
professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national
importance. Join our team today as we Redefine Ingenuity!
We are seeking an experienced, Network Systems Engineer to plan, design, implement, operate and troubleshoot a high-reliability enterprise network infrastructure. The candidate will support an enterprise SATCOM program and the associated tools for tasking, planning, research, data routing, as well as tools for operations center support and system performance monitoring. The candidate will provide Tier III support for infrastructure and customer support during live testing and operations.
The candidate will analyze capacity issues, assess network performance, and recommend plans to ensure the system meets current and future needs. The candidate will assist customers with mission planning, communication paths, and data delivery. The candidate will also assist with system verification and regression tests.
Job Duties Include:
- Provide technical analysis and subject matter expertise to support, build, configure, operate and maintain specific network, related network and system management infrastructure to include but not limited to the following:
- Network Connectivity
- Traffic Flow
- Redundancy (Failover)
- Network Security
- Equipment Maintenance of current sites and future coop sites.
- Increase overall reliability, streamline design and integration where appropriate. Reduce operations and maintenance costs associated with maintaining solutions hosted within the Operations Center where possible.
- Maintain necessary training, test, and integration equipment for integration and regression testing, validation and troubleshooting. Maintain configuration management of all hosted or managed network solutions.
- Design, operate and maintain equipment and network paths for storage area network services and off-site back-up services. Monitor and report on bandwidth capacity, availability and projections.
- Develop and maintain detailed drawings and appropriate documentation of all devices within the supported architecture, and configurations of network equipment on site and at future coop sites.
- Implement upgrades to existing network architecture, troubleshoot network anomalies as discovered, deploy and install network equipment both locally and to remote locations.
- Work with the System Administrators to ensure overall system functionality, design and document future network architecture (with anticipated growth), and respond to ISSO requests, supporting C&A activities.
- Active TS//SCI security clearance with polygraph
- Requires a B.S. degree and 14 years of relevant experience
- Must have 10+ years systems engineering and systems integration experience.
- Occasional CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required.
- Must have experience working on complex systems across multiple domains.
- Must have working knowledge of Cisco IOS and enterprise level tools and network products such as firewalls, routers, switches, VPN, network and security protocols.
- Must have knowledge of networking protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, etc.).
- Must have knowledge of enterprise system monitoring tools such as Nagios or Solar Winds.
- Must have ability to work on occasional surge support or shift hours as needed to support operations center.
Familiarity with PL5 implementation and systems.
Experience with programming or scripting languages as applied to test development and automation.
Linux and virtualization experience.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.