All ManTech employees will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
ManTech is looking for a motivated, customer-oriented Principal Network Engineer in Chantilly, VA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing and maintaining the network environment for multiple data centers and all remote sites for multiple networks
- Implementing, maintaining, and helping more junior engineers use tools such as Cisco Prime Infrastructure and Solar Winds to monitor, to maintain, and to quickly pinpoint and resolve outages
- Implementing and maintains data center switch environments using Cisco’s Application Centric Infrastructure
- Ensure IPSs and firewalls are configured in support of network security policies
- Implement and monitor Cisco Identity Services Engine to ensure the customer’s least privileged methodology is implemented across all networks and devices
- Monitor security guidelines from Cisco, DISA, and other designated sources
- Submit and execute change requests to ensure all network devices meet security guidelines from Cisco, DISA, and other sources
- Collaborate with our Cyber Security team to ensure all network security controls are properly implemented, monitored, and documented
- Implement solutions using government specified Type 1 encryption
- Create and maintain Visio network diagrams
- Provide recommendations to improve the network performance while maintaining security compliance
- Develop, implement, and improve capacity management process for network devices
- Provide system wide engineering support for network outages, troubleshooting, and resolution
- Perform equipment upgrades and replacements
- Evaluate, design, document, tune, and set standards for network operations
- Provide client consulting and training on the interfacing and use of the network facilities
- Plan and coordinate major computer network initiatives
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new computer network equipment and technologies
- Utilize monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to trouble shoot and isolate problems, gauge network performance, and trace data and protocol activity
- Devise solutions to complex operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment
- Develop and executing contingency plans for network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages
- Assist in internal training programs
- Provide status reports based on customer and program requirements
- Track and diagnosis network performance issues and develop a network performance profiles
- Create SOPs for more junior members of the team
- Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or Math) or equivalent, and 7 to 12 years of related experience
- Meet DOD 8570 requirements for IAT II (current Security+ CE) required
- Cisco CCNP Routing/Switching or equivalent certification required within 6 months of hire
- Requires a strong background in networking, switching, routing, data center design, and network security
- Experience with Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure
- Current experience with Cisco ASA firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Cisco Secure Access Server/Identity Services Engine, and management tools and techniques, including Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Cisco Security Manager and Solar Winds suite of products
- Experience with Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Experience using GEMX software and/or working with Type 1 Encryptors
- Experience using packet analysis tools to decode data flows and diagnose protocol level errors
- Knowledge of NIST 800-53 security controls
- Experience using automation tools
Security Clearance Requirements:
- US Citizenship required and active TS clearance adjudicated within the last 6 years
- Candidate must be willing to submit to a random CI polygraph
- This is a sedentary position.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access IT equipment
- The person in this position must be able to lift at least 20 lbs.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management, and customers and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.