Vice President, Pricing
(BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED)
This role is responsible for strategic and operational leadership for the KBR US Government Solutions business. We serve markets across the Science & Space (S&S), Readiness and Sustainment (RSS) and the Defense and Intelligence business units (D&I). As a key contributor to our competitiveness and market success, this position will lead the business unit pricing teams to further develop pricing as a critical component of the capture process. This would include the people, processes, and tools as well as the collaboration with the Business Development and Operations teams within KBR. This position will report directly to the CFO of KBR Government Solutions segment and will coordination very closely with the US Government Solutions Sr. VP of Business Development.
- Implement an organic Strategic Pricing capability and provide overall strategic pricing leadership
- Lead the pricing teams for each of the business units
- Develop and implement pricing strategies that improve both the win rate and profitability of captures
- Own the people, processes, and tools for the pricing function
- Working with business units, functional leads and partner teams to collaboratively drive best in class captures.
- Understanding competitive pricing strategies and customer pricing requirements
- Working with key stakeholders including executive team members to evaluate pricing alternatives and recommend the best pricing options
- Stay up to date on the competition and emerging market trends
- Educate segment and business unit leadership on developments related to the pricing efforts
- Participate in strategic pricing reviews during pursuit phase and proposal preparation
- Conduct win/loss analysis
- Publish and analyze KPI’s to facilitate improvement in the pricing and capture processes.
- Assist with ideal customer profile creation
- Evaluate market attractiveness and support business case development
- Identify, recruit and engage key pricing talent
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics, Business, or related technical field
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in a pricing capacity.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior pricing management role within the US Government Services sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill in English.
- Ability to present and influence and executive audience
- Ability to lead manager and collaborate across boundaries
- Problem solving and critical thinking ability required
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Domestic travel required as needed to support the position (~15%)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and collaborate effectively with management
- Good Interpersonal skills and abilities to work well with others
- Able to earn others' trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Someone who promotes cooperation and commitment within team to achieve goals.
- Deep understanding of price build-up with rates and factors along with different types of government and commercial contract types
- An understanding of company's financial statements, financial performance metrics, and how one's actions will impact financial results.
- Ability to analyze sets of data on a micro and macro level and presenting or including analysis in strategic decisions.
- Experience analyzing market and competitive data. Has a deep understanding of the customer’s business objectives and purchasing criteria.
Preferred Qualifications & Location:
- MBA or graduate degree a plus
- DC area is the preferred work location
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who will be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.