Construction Manager - Iraq
Construction Manager - Iraq
KBR is looking for a Construction Manager to be based in Basra- Iraq for 28/28 rotation
- Roles and Responsibilities:
The Construction Manager is responsible for the complete administration and organization of construction and field personnel and directs the field effort through the activities of his staff. He reports directly to the Site Manager Specific responsibilities of the Construction Manager include:
Overall view of the role:
- Contributes to Construction Safety by reducing site exposure through modularization, standardization and maximizing off plot construction.
- Contributes in the development of brownfield construction strategies and planning initiatives for project opportunities pre FID.
- Focusses on addressing and removing hurdles to efficient construction and actively monitors productivity on site, advising (acting on behalf of) the Site manager of ways to improve the productivity metrics.
- Identifies and monitors brownfield construction planning initiatives for approved projects post FID.
- Will input into enhancing the design, contracting strategy and execution planning all in consideration of constructability through input into HSE, cost, schedule and quality.
- Being an active member of the Project Team and managing construction organization interfaces by working collaboratively across the project organization providing direction, coordination and alignment of construction strategies and planning.
- Working with EPCM Construction Management Team, development of a construction strategy & execution plan including cost & schedule to effectively execute construction deliverables for the project.
- Ability to effectively work on more than one project at a time.
- Coordinate with EPCM Construction Management Team to bring a coordinated approach to the overall project scope, quality, cost and schedule expectations.
- Ensure that planning of the project deliverables from Engineering and Contracts & Procurement is line with the construction sequence and further to the hand over sequence.
- Ensures designs make optimal use of cold work, modularization and off plots construction to minimize HSSE exposure on site.
- Assure that the final design has provided an appropriate construction risk assessment versus economic benefit via definition, timing and facilitation of the Constructability Review(s).
- Coordinate with EPCM Construction Management to bring a fit for purpose Work Face Planning process into the project planning and execution.
- Ensure that construction project activities are effectively coordinated and integrated into the total project integrated plan and support EPCM to manage interfaces with Operation and other disciplines.
Develop with EPCM:
- Temporary site requirements.
- Construction execution strategy/plan including need for early works.
- Construction organization.
- Construction manpower plan.
- Construction schedule and build sequence.
- Modularization strategy.
- Work Face Planning strategy/plan.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- BSc., University degree in any of the main Engineering branches., i.e. Mechanical, Civil, electrical, chemical, or equivalent
Experience and Skill set
- Minimum 20 years experience in Oil and Gas related project Design and Engineering
- Minimum 15 years experience in Oil and Gas Project Delivery as a Umbrella Contract Construction Lead function in a multidiscipline Workforce
- Experience preferably in Mechanical, E&I or Civil
- Experience in Productivity measurement resource based planning (Level 4 Scheduling)
- Strong leadership and teambuilding skills
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.